Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sle

bruggy_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
Hi guys, so I recently purchased a VH sle.
It’s going in for some body work and paint. Before it goes in I want to double check the shadow tone is correct as I want it to be original. I’ll put the tag up, if someone could confirm it’s a genuine shadowtone that would be awesome!

Attachments

• AAD97E44-9896-41CB-A13A-0F5736C95BD0.jpeg
    AAD97E44-9896-41CB-A13A-0F5736C95BD0.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 135

Megadad7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ Ute V6 Manual 3.6L
brief search
It’s an early factory production on COBRA paint sys (Clear Over Base)
VH has some style….!

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
I think 2C026-D should be Dulux "Ice Green" Metallic

And although not specified on the plate I believe the silver was 2J011 "Mercury" if my memory serves.

The interior trim should be "Spruce Velour".

P.S. Don't copy bruggy's colour scheme, that isn't correct for your SL/E!

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Hi guys, so I recently purchased a VH sle.
It’s going in for some body work and paint. Before it goes in I want to double check the shadow tone is correct as I want it to be original. I’ll put the tag up, if someone could confirm it’s a genuine shadowtone that would be awesome!
Your 2C 026-D paint code is Ice Green which was not a shadowtone colour used.
2 greens used were rhone and spruce which were 024 and 025 over mercury silver 2J011

bruggy_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
Yeah right. Damn, I knew the colour was ice green. I just want sure on the shadowtone and if it was from factory. Any chance it could have been like a dealer option? I have the logbooks I might investigate more. Thanks for all the answers lads!

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Dealer could of done something like that. Highly doubt you will find out why it was done like that.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Later in the run of vh series less likely to get 2 tone paint job which is in the paint code...although some dealers would add 2 tone treatment if they thought it would improve sale numbers.

Paint scheme looks copied off 'Top 30 Dealer Special' or think most called them (T30 vh sle) vaguely remember them being maroon interior 5 litre cars with plaque/sign on glovebox...early 80-81 cars.

My guess if not dealerership then more likely previous owner got creative as it looks to have had a few uprades/mods.

bruggy_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
Later in the run of vh series less likely to get 2 tone paint job which is in the paint code...although some dealers would add 2 tone treatment if they thought it would improve sale numbers.

Paint scheme looks copied off 'Top 30 Dealer Special' or think most called them (T30 vh sle) vaguely remember them being maroon interior 5 litre cars with plaque/sign on glovebox...early 80-81 cars.

My guess if not dealerership then more likely previous owner got creative as it looks to have had a few uprades/mods.
Thanks mate. It’s a two owner car, the old fella I bought it off said it was like that when he bought it. I guess I’ll never know. Thanks for the help guys!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
110% it has been played around with...like most of them.

Late run '83 vh with 80/81 paint scheme plus late model wheels & vt brakes by looks of it.

That is just a quick look at pics provided car was factory 253/trimatic/2.78

Hope it still has single spoke wheel & rear headrests!!!