Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh slx console

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Looking at your picture and comparing it to my highrise console, your console has a cutout at the bottom and the right hand side mine doesn't

I even checked a factory auto lowrise console I have here and it doesn't have those cutouts in it....

I'll also add in, I'm unsure what model my highrise console came from, but my lowrise one came from a VB....

NZR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Clubsport
Looking at your picture and comparing it to my highrise console, your console has a cutout at the bottom and the right hand side mine doesn't

I even checked a factory auto lowrise console I have here and it doesn't have those cutouts in it....

I'll also add in, I'm unsure what model my highrise console came from, but my lowrise one came from a VB....
Can you put up a photo of yours in the same state as mine so I can see it please I can’t find any photos online with it bare like that I will make the pieces and rivet them in if need be if I can see what they look like.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Can you put up a photo of yours in the same state as mine so I can see it please I can’t find any photos online with it bare like that I will make the pieces and rivet them in if need be if I can see what they look like.

Sorry but I haven't got a camera nor am I any good with the phone to internet stuff to post photos

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That looks the same as i had, a lettuce green VH SLX. Sold it 20 years ago. Such a comfortable car but all the brittle plastic pollution gear was a nightmare.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
That looks the same as i had, a lettuce green VH SLX. Sold it 20 years ago. Such a comfortable car but all the brittle plastic pollution gear was a nightmare.

Looks the same as my dad's Rhone Green VH.

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
1676851315589.png
1676851315589.png
VK auto centre console.jpg

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
The brown console is manual, the grey console is auto. With the grey one see the 2 horizontal slots at the top and bottom that is where the gear indicator slide goes into.

NZR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Clubsport
The brown console is manual, the grey console is auto. With the grey one see the 2 horizontal slots at the top and bottom that is where the gear indicator slide goes into.
Yep that’s what I have done but it just jams up when I put it in gear so it must be the part underneath like in my photo that also guides it that mine has been cut. that grey auto console you put up still has the surround on it I need to know what it looks like under that if possible?

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
This is what it looks like underneath

Attachments

• vk console underneath.jpg
    vk console underneath.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 80

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
It's just a big rectangular opening. As yours is an oval shaped opening I'm thinking it might've been for a manual and someone has cut it to make it suit auto?