Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh slx console

NZR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Clubsport
Hey team

I have a vh slx New Zealand spec so blue 202 trimatic. It never had a shifter indicator slide around the shifter so I bought one from rare spares which there are two kinds low and high console. My car has the high centre console so I’m assuming that’s what they are meaning but it seems to be too long? Has anyone else used these?
Also are the PRND icons meant to light up as mine don’t and there is some unconnected wires under there so maybe from that?

Thanks
141FCC00-E579-4021-8F18-2486DAA43684.jpeg

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
I'm pretty sure the shifter indicator slide is the same for the high or low centre console. The difference between the consoles only refers to the centre storage compartment but the shifter surround is the same. Yes under the shifter surround there is a small light attached to the shifter that should have wiring going to it that lights up what gear you are in but if still original globe it could be very dull. Replace it with a led.

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
This what it looks like. It just clips onto the shifter shaft under the plastic surround.

Attachments

• vb vc vh vk auto trans gear indicator light clip.jpg
    vb vc vh vk auto trans gear indicator light clip.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 101

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That centre piece pops out & they all interchange for auto.

I think it's grey wire for instrument lights
yellow for handbrake

High console got nothing to do with that piece.

NZR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Clubsport
Interesting you guys say that because they clearly have different part numbers and say on the site they are definitely different. I may have to ring them tomorrow and find out what the story is

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As already mentioned....The bottom section where the shifter comes through is identical manual to auto...This includes the selector indicator.

I put an auto high rise console in my manual transmissioned VC...Just took the centre section out so the gear shift could come through the centre of the console....

Might even have the selector indicator laying round too...Would have too look

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Only real difference I can see is arrow closer to hole on one than other...maybe width too but fitment should be same.

They're adjustable to line up with positions but as said above part around shifter pops off & same for most early girl automatics.

NZR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Clubsport
This is how it looks underneath is there a bit missing out of the back area it looks to have been cut? I get it all sitting in nice and it just binds up when I shift it out of park like it has nowhere to go at the rear when it slides back.
Any help appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• DC8F5304-1C6B-4B9B-97AC-CEA7CFF5C865.jpeg
    DC8F5304-1C6B-4B9B-97AC-CEA7CFF5C865.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 103