Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh SS

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Just installed tap talk will try post pics soon and thinking white

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367891828.206948.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367891847.327042.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367891903.938698.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367891948.275145.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367891965.371021.jpg

jandjmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0L
Holden don't have the original paper work on them, thats a known fact. and blue trim? Never ever on a VH SS. All, ALL are claret with unique tweed cloth trim.

In NZ GM did a small run of vehicles based on the aussie SS but without pollution equipment.
These are sort after and there were only 30 produced, 29 white and 1 black. I never saw the black one but the white ones had blue tweed trim.

Attachments

• NZssRoad1.jpg
    NZssRoad1.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 406
  • NZssRoad8.jpg
    NZssRoad8.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 437
  • NZssRoad8b.jpg
    NZssRoad8b.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 258
  • NZssRoadGMHNews1.jpg
    NZssRoadGMHNews1.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 279
  • NZssRoadInt11.jpg
    NZssRoadInt11.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 302

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
I would comment but sle/nut and darren have both said pretty much all I was going to say.
If you're is legit (sorry i'll say now, i have doubts. No offence)
But if it is, it'd make the third VH SS (not brock or hdt) that i know of.
Mine, Darrens and possibly this one.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
In NZ GM did a small run of vehicles based on the aussie SS but without pollution equipment.
These are sort after and there were only 30 produced, 29 white and 1 black. I never saw the black one but the white ones had blue tweed trim.

While correct, these are not part of the Aus VH SS run IE XV2 on the model code line. Infact don't think any of those have left NZ. I've seen a pic of the black one. AMCM did a story on these.

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
How can you doubt it original the build plates clearly show it a ss with XV2 as for all the rest who to say what was ordered in the car at time of sale it was a time of money talks. And who knows it may of had it added later I don't know all I can you guys is in the strip down it looked as tho it never been apart. If mine special it better but if it not so be it

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
^^ I'm with you. XV2 = SS. Why are most doubting it?

BTW....How can it be part of the NZ cars if it has an Aussie Compliance plate???

Last edited:

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Got me beat why. All I really wanted was to know more about it and if it special. I've hit dead end after dead end looking for answers

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT Commodore VK SS Group 3
Hey Mate,

That is a nice find. The VH SS as stated above, were very basic cars and in fact didn't even have a stereo or an aerial. The were basically stripped out of all luxuries.(No air, no pwr windows etc. Only luxury was pwr steer and rear seat head rests) A major reason they are so rare is a lot have been turned into a HDT replicas or have just died a natural death. A good original clean SS could be worth anything from $10000 to $20000 but average cars have been sold for as little as $2500.00 over the years.

Another interesting thing I heard is that all white VH SS were 5.0 litres. Only the red VH SS came with the 4.2 or 5.0

Here is a picture of my VH SS back in the early 80s minutes after I picked it up from my local Holden dealer. Notice it has a blanking plug in the guard where the aerial would go.

imgks.jpg

Cheers

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT Commodore VK SS Group 3
Found an old interior picture, this is after I had it fitted with a stereo and a HDT wheel and gear shift knob. but it shows you the claret red colour of the interior. You might also notice that the car is getting on a bit here. If you look clearly the car was about 12 months old and had nearly 19,000kms on it.

img0001nkp.jpg

Cheers