Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibration/Shudder under load

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Yeah the new mount made mine better but not fixed, I am still getting the shuddering. Thinking of getting a new Torque Converter Clutch, if its not too costly. How much was your water pump to replace?

Deano3350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Berlina
Water pump was $75 from I forget what store, they usually have ridiculous prices for other stuff so i assume most place will charge bout the same. I did it myself using one of the guides on here. I spent $40 at supercheap for a decent sealer to put on both sides of the gasket, which comes with the pump. Then one of the large bolts was an absolute BITCH to remove, it was stuck in and broke 1 adapter for my ratchet, then it broke 1 socket, then it broke the frickin ratchet. Mechanic charged me $20 to loosen bolt for me and i finished it myself with no probs. Assuming you have high temp gasket stuff, locktight and a socket set and no stuck bolts its a $75 DIY job taking about an hr including bleeding system

vs_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Wagon and VT Exec V6 Wagon
Could be torque converter clutch, mine is having same prob and that's what I was told. Does it only happen above 85km/h? I changed fuel filter, spark plugs and leads and still there...

Deano3350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Berlina
in the period my car did it, it was at any speed around the 2000 rev range but not so much in 1st or 2nd.

Good luck

VSCOM2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe S2
The most pronounced shuddering and missing with my vehicle occurs under mild acceleration from a uphill start, just has trouble getting power, also some minor backfiring. Holding off on injectors at this stage as situation is no worse under heavy acceleration at 80k. Now looking at timing.

CAGT911

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS2 Wagon
Hi Deano, I have a S2 VS with 145000kms. I have had a vibration under acceleration since I got the car 7 years ago (with only 70000kms).
It seems to be better under very light acceleration. If pushed to mid-accel, the vibration is very pronounced and feels like a tailshaft bearing or trans mount (both of which appear to be fine on mine). Under heavy acceleration, it feels like a VN commo accelerating (bad vibe!). In addition, my auto appears to make a very loud rattling/chattering sound under the same acceleration. Almost seems to be an internal backlash/chattering of gears or clutches in the box. More noticeable in first and second gears, but will still do it at freeway speeds, depending on load applied.

Don't wish to hijack your thread, but has anyone had this chattering symptom?

(P.S. I've done plugs, leads, fuel filter,air filter, checked trans mount, centre bearing etc etc. none of which have made improvement on vibe...just for your info)

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Had a mate that had a shuddering under accelaration and it would come and go for about three months then one day he was putting his car away, went to put it into reveres and he heard a loud ping and lost reveres the trans had gave up the ghost, just that easy:rip:. Maybe try to sevice the trans?

mighty_rifle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive S2
What ever happened?

Hi all just wondering what the outcome of the vibration was? We have just purchased a VX v6 sedan and it has a similar problem. We have it booked in at holden next week, but would be good if we had a heads up before we went it. I have read a couple of posts that say that the gearbox needed a rebuild. Drive.com.au said a similar thing about the gear box. They said at 170000 it would be close to a rebuild.. well we have just done 170000... Hope to hear some info from you all.. Thanks.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Could be torque converter clutch, mine is having same prob and that's what I was told. Does it only happen above 85km/h? I changed fuel filter, spark plugs and leads and still there...

trans dropping into 'lock up' early at 75kms plus means convertor is knackered - agreed. may as well do box too as it sends ground up metal right through the trans

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
another 2010 reborn thread, I bet these owners are now probably driving Mitsubishi Outlanders or similar etc.