Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vic P-Plate laws (red p's)

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
You aren't allowed to tow??? I don't agree with that one although spending 1/2 hour or so at the boat ramp or tip on a sunny day is very entertaining. Maybe it should be a special endorsement on all licenses???

Reaper

Yeah, P1's are not allowed to tow, I THINK P2 are allowed to within certain size trailers or something like that.
lol Yeah, its quite painful watching some people try and back a trailer.

I think an endorsement on all licences would be the best solution maybe like PWC is on a boat licence. There is so many people who have no concept of towing a trailer, not to mention safely attaching and loading, aswell as BACKING lol. Would certainly cut back half the people towing caravans who cant drive for ****, or people who hire a trailer and have no idea.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yeah, P1's are not allowed to tow, I THINK P2 are allowed to within certain size trailers or something like that.
lol Yeah, its quite painful watching some people try and back a trailer.

I think an endorsement on all licences would be the best solution maybe like PWC is on a boat licence. There is so many people who have no concept of towing a trailer, not to mention safely attaching and loading, aswell as BACKING lol. Would certainly cut back half the people towing caravans who cant drive for ****, or people who hire a trailer and have no idea.

I tow these quite regularly - you would be amazed the gaps you can fit them into. The box trailer is on my car 70% of the time - it's great for getting thru traffic - people just get out of the way (god knows why :p)

Reaper
(sorry about the thread hijack folks)

DSC00838.jpg

AustBite.jpg

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I think it's good - do we really want inexperienced drivers thrashing around V8s or bur bur bur V6s with nearly as much power as a V8? 4 years is enough time to wisen up (sorry to generalise but most of the morons I see on the road are on P's or 4WD drivers) and statistically P platers are involved in more incidents (otherwise why the hell else do you think there's restrictions on them?).

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i laugh because i can drive my ve with 195 kw but not a vs ss with 165kw... gotta love that.

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
And yes, rule is no performance mods until your off your P's! Mind you, there are a few exceptions, like changing air filter to a better brand [no one really minds here unless you go putting in a POD filter, just keep the stock one and replace with a good one]. Small things like that, DONT go changing your exhaust! You'll get stung for that one. You would be able to get away with a CAI too IF you hide it, e.g. if you design one like i've got in my car, works really well as well as being hidden from sight.

And sorry to say this, but i'm one of those lucky S.O.Bs that have power to weight ratio! :) Gotta love the supercharged cars! :whistling

Ok well i don't think i'll change my exhaust, I will probably still buy the system, recondition it and sell it again hopefully make little profit lol. I think i'll make a CAI like yours, its pretty hard to spot. I could do other mods like a chip/tune, injectors, bigger throttle body cause i reckon most police wouldn't be able to tell. Can anyone think of other mods that are un-noticeable?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i laugh because i can drive my ve with 195 kw but not a vs ss with 165kw... gotta love that.

I laugh coz your Ve weighs the wrong side of 1800 kgs, my VP is 1400 :)
Oh wait - it's over 200kw too :p

Reaper

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
lol yeah so its a little on the chubby side

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Ok well i don't think i'll change my exhaust, I will probably still buy the system, recondition it and sell it again hopefully make little profit lol. I think i'll make a CAI like yours, its pretty hard to spot. I could do other mods like a chip/tune, injectors, bigger throttle body cause i reckon most police wouldn't be able to tell. Can anyone think of other mods that are un-noticeable?

I wouldn't risk it...don't be ignorant or try and 'dodge' the law, regardless of how sh*t it is...believe me I know, I got done 400meters from my house...on a sunday night coming home from church with a 16 and a 17 year old in my car, Cop said all this sh*t about how my tint is too dark (its legal) and he couldn't see my interior P PLate, that I had a loud exhaust (it's a cat back system) and complained about everything...sunday night, unmarked car near my house...fags

The Law is crap, and I agree with the previous statement, most ********s are P Platers...however, the stupid thing is that those ********s cause the knee jerk reaction from the public and the government to make stupid laws and restrictions that ruin it for the other 75% of us who aren't idiots...like me (not bragging or blowing my own trumpet)