Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC]: VE A6 224/230 .050 114LSA Cam owners?

maxmod

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V Wagon
Etrocket no I didn't I bought the car standard

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Max mod - did you buy dcvinu old car?

Hey dude im dcv1nu on the ls1 forum, my old ssv had a 231/239@113 comp cam with a tce 2800stall.:)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Max mod - check your PMs.

I'd like to see how a cammed car behaves in normal situations. From what I've read it's fine if you match your stall to your cam appropriately.

Im pretty sure you are correct there showxpony..... wrong stall can send the car backlwards esp on the freeway sitting at 2800 rpm

maxmod

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V Wagon
You would have to have a pretty loose stall for it to be sitting on the freeway at your stall revs even without lockup my 2800 stall sits at 2000 on the freeway up a 15degree incline it rises by about 100-200rpm.

With a Lockup Converter you should sit at roughly the same RPM as your gear ratio is set for mine would be around 1750 with 3.27's.

I definetely think though that if you were to select the wrong converter it could be disasterous for your car. My friend has a 300KW VZ with a 3000 stall unknown brand and it is brutal it basically stalls up and dumps all the power on you at once resulting in dangerous wheel sping. If you were to be surprised by say an oncoming car and accidently pushed the pedal a bit and the car stalled look out. Mine is nothing like this.

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
that was more what i was getting at.... the wrong stall can result in not only loss of fuel economy but loss of traction when it stalls, a barina would almost beat you off the line

etrocket

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
Hsv085 - have you done anything to this car??? If you don't mind me asking how much did you sell the sedan for

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Hsv085 - have you done anything to this car??? If you don't mind me asking how much did you sell the sedan for

The clubby just has bolton's plus coilovers, swaybars n void bushes at this stage, i sold the ssv for mid 30's minus a few things...would of liked abit more but happy with the deal in the end. :)

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
tce apparently make converters that are quiet 'tight' so they wont flare unless you try to make them, gonna do a 3400 in a couple weeks......there are stories of guys in the states my tuner was saying of just getting a stock g8 and putting a 5000 stall in it and running quicker than guys with the 'bolt on' mods. also sorry to start a slightly oldish thread ;)

kahlnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV A6
Stalls are overrated, i don't have a problem using stock converter on 2006 VE SSV, cam is 233/238 LIFT 0.612/0.604 113LSA plus it's got big port n polish from Marsh Motorsports NZ, OTR, 25% UD, DiFillipo 1 3/4 Headers, twin 2.5" and performance tune from Eastern Automotive NZ, dyno'd at 328rwkw@6,400rpm and over 900rwnm from 4,500-5,500rpm. It's a daily driver that sits at intersections and lights heaps of times a day and idle is fine, slight surge from cam but it sounds mean and is real fun hopping through slow traffic!

I can stab it from idle (800rpm) and it does lag a bit until 2,800rpm but is hardly noticeable and any faster rev would probably slow me down with wheel spin anyway as it does when it hits 5,000rpm, here's a video of a little squirt through 1st and 2nd in 'Sports Shift' mode (not tiptronic), as you can see wheel spin is the problem not lack of stall converter... VE SSV 0-100 - YouTube

Last edited: