Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vicpol and Vic gov another cash grab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
yeah thas right, its not worth doing but it takes a bit of glare out whens the suns shining, cops just want to c what were doing inside the car even though atleast half there undercover cars are blacked out
a case of do as i say not as i do, saw a copper yapping on her mobile while driving a marked car the other day, she was having a good old laugh......lol

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
yes i do, probably like 90% of tinted cars on the road

well i dont know where your driving, but i spend a lot of time on the road and today paying extra attention, i can say i saw probably 8 oyt of 10 tinted cars were illegally tinted, say what you want but bottom line now is illegal tint= defect notice= roadworthy to be obtained= money to be spent by the owner for repairs= money to the taxman, to me its a cash grab plain and simple

Wait....one minute it was 90%...then the next it was 8/10, which is...80% if my math is correct... So one car's gone missing.

Watch out people, there's a ghost car on the road with illegal tint. You wont see him, and if it's dark enough he probably wont see you either.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
about time! only peolple that need to worry (as is always the case) are people that illegally modify their cars. ENFORCING THE LAW is NOT a cash grab. Anything that lowers visibilty is a bad idea. Well, except to all the bogans that have illegal mods.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
well he did, seems to tell a lot of people here what he thinks

People post crap on a public forum and I'll comment. Thats the point of the forum. Notice how nobody is on your side? Why don't you learn something from that.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
My sunglasses are about similar to 85% tint. Very dark. Will I be fined for wearing them?

This law, like many other laws is just stupid. Their reasoning is that it impedes vision. Newsflash dick heads, 4wd's impede vision, trucks, buses, vans, impede vision, burqa's impede vision, why is it illegal to use these vehicles?

Stupid law by a pathetic nanny state. Surely they have better things to catch up on like the guy we seen tonight driving with steel showing through his tyres, or the other one who had no registration and missing a front windscreen.

All this said, we know it is the law, abide by it, we all know the governments in this country are ****ed and the police are mostly(not all) just as pathetic.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
My sunglasses are about similar to 85% tint. Very dark. Will I be fined for wearing them?

This law, like many other laws is just stupid. Their reasoning is that it impedes vision. Newsflash dick heads, 4wd's impede vision, trucks, buses, vans, impede vision, burqa's impede vision, why is it illegal to use these vehicles?

Stupid law by a pathetic nanny state. Surely they have better things to catch up on like the guy we seen tonight driving with steel showing through his tyres, or the other one who had no registration and missing a front windscreen.

All this said, we know it is the law, abide by it, we all know the governments in this country are ****ed and the police are mostly(not all) just as pathetic.
that pretty much sums up my thoughts minux, i know the law regarding tint, i just think its stupid and a grab for some quick cash, but most people here are only interested in giving me (and others) ****, full stop.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
my car has tint way too dark, in daylight you cant see though to the other side, at night it makes it a real pain to drive on multilaned roads as i cant see anything going on around me. its actually quite dangerous. will be gettin changed soon as i bought the car like that and only had it a week or so.

4wd + tint you cant see though. people driving around me must hate me with a passion. at least i dont have tailgaters lol.

newcastleboy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
It's not really, tell me you've never looked through the oldmate's windows infront of you to see if there is a possible need to hit the anchors? How is one supposed to do that with illegal tint.

It's like having a cry about getting done for speeding, having bald tyres, blown headlights etc whilst driving around knowingly with parts of your car able to be deemed as illegal therefore defective, or engaging in illegal behaviour.

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina

How many horsepower does a stock burqa have?:thumbsup:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Lol I have illegal tint but I know it....
I'm also not going to sit here sooking that its revenue raising... Its a good idea and if I get caught ill remove it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.