Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vicpol and Vic gov another cash grab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ive got an idea!
why dont you stop complaining and follow the law, great idea, anyone agree?

cause letting criminals know that special operations are onto them helps police how?

Yes because the sog boys drive around at random chasing down bad guys.

aidannn

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
so busting into drug dealers homes are 'random' guys? and having the drug dealers spotters spot the sog's would be helpful in helping them defend themselves

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Cash grab- But for different reasons.

It's illegal to have too dark a tint, but it's not illegal to block out windows with paint or advertising , or drive f**king great 4wd's, vans or trucks ?

The tint law is in place to allow turning vehicles see 'through' your vehicle at oncoming traffic.

I don't like the law because it's a classic case of double standards, and while enforcing it isn't an issue in terms of it being legal, it's unfair to me to enforce one standard for sedans and hatches, one standard for taxi's, one for vans, one for trucks and one for 4wd's - all of which block turning vehicle vision more than a tinted car - no matter how dark the tint......

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Look on the bright side, atleast we can all have noisy cars again now...They have a new toy to play with. :p

Anyway, i don't see the big deal with having dark tint, i much prefer nice clean standard windows than tint on most cars. I used to like tint, but my tastes have changed :)

LKC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Aclaim
first thing to remember if you read the article is that it is a crack down on defects that just so happens to be target tint (read if you have a tint they will look at it too) not just looking at tinted cars and ignoring the super loud ultra low V8 with a p plater behind the wheel.

if you have an illegal tint then you run the risk of being caught.

Yes it is probably a money grab but its not the best kind (speed cameras around 40 zones or anywhere that there are roadworks would be much better if issuing fines was all they wanted to do) which makes me think that there might be a reason. sure the illegal tint is fine during the day but how easy is it to see at night? would you wear 85% sunnies at midnight ?

have a bit of a think before winging because there is a chance you will get caught for knowingly greaking the law

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Danja, tax on the retarded? Bit rough. If speed camera operation was not revenue raising why is it in budgets? I do not see litter offences in budgets, nor do I see assault fines in budgets. Funny that.

Hmm... yeah you're right, now that I think about it retards don't deserve to get tarred with the same brush as people who whinge about speed cameras.

Re budgets, of course cameras are revenue raising, and more power to them! The great thing about it though, its it's only raising revenue from people dumb enough to volunteer by speeding past them in the first place! Vote with your right foot if you don't like paying speeding fines.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
to me its a cash grab pure and simple, the gov is getting desperate for cash and they are grasping at straws, i can assure you if this current vic gov stays in power, one day they will tax you for farting

LKC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Aclaim
I am by no means a fan of the govt. but do you really think that they would target window tints if they were only out to make money? there are just so many better ways. like the jay walking blitz in the city last year. this is more likey to be a reminder that not all tints are legal

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
to me its a cash grab pure and simple, the gov is getting desperate for cash and they are grasping at straws, i can assure you if this current vic gov stays in power, one day they will tax you for farting

Are there any other laws that shouldn't be enforced because clearly any attempt to make people abide by the law is a "cash grab" in your view?

The law has been around for years, anyone who goes out of their way to get an illegal tint knows what they are getting into and only have themselves to blame. You can't get upset at people shooting fish in a barrel when the fish jumped out of the pond and into the barrel of their own accord.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Are there any other laws that shouldn't be enforced because clearly any attempt to make people abide by the law is a "cash grab" in your view?

The law has been around for years, anyone who goes out of their way to get an illegal tint knows what they are getting into and only have themselves to blame. You can't get upset at people shooting fish in a barrel when the fish jumped out of the pond and into the barrel of their own accord.

well if you had bothered to read the full post here you would have seen that i didnt get the windows tinted on my car, i bought it like that, and no i have Not been pinged for it, if i wanna kick up a stink about this i will, i have every right to hate this "law", its a stupid one, also when i started the thread, i said i think its a cash grab and its a pathetic one at that, that is not a whinge, its an opinion, its people like yourself assuming im whinging, all that said, yes i hate the way this current government is running this state, its because of the way they run it that they have to get the cops to go out and enforce stupid laws like the tint law, honestly, cant they better use police resources on other more important things? Wake up mate, its just another reason for them to put their hands in our pockets again

Status
Not open for further replies.