Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorian Bush Fires

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Please do not turn this into climate change bullshit. Perhaps if greens didnt prevent clearing etc, these problems wouldn't of been as bad.

Seriously, keep the climate change bullshit out of here. Climate change didn't cause this, a wanker with a lighter, seriously bad forest litter and terrible weather caused it. **** me.
Terrible weather: combination of highest temp ever recorded in the state and incredibly low humidity hasnt got anything to do with climate change?

I think you were the one that introduced your own political thoughts to the problem, but Im not allowed to offer what I think?
To stop it happening int he future greenies need to **** OFF.
Not talk politics, people want arsonists burnt at the stake(fair enough).....that's political too, we want changes to regulations to stop it happening again.....yes, only politics will change it!

Not all the fires were started by arsonists, and there have always been arsonsists and we will never stop them(anyone that thinks the bushfire problem can be stopped if we can stop arsonists(we never will) has got their head in the sand). What has changed is that conditions allow their "handy" work to cause such damage.

Last edited:

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Up over 15 mill! It makes me proud to see that aussies can still pull together in such harsh times and help out those less fortunate.

A big :thumbsup: if you have donated, and to those that haven't, please try to, every dollar counts.

Once these places are ready to be rebuilt, the unions should step up, pull their fingers out and organise crews and their accommodation and get these places rebuilt. They're happy to shut building sites down over trivial matters, now they need to show they can do some good. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find people happy to donate their time and skills to help out.

To the ****ers that decided to light fires, I hope you died in em!!

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Was stopped at the road block into Callignee over 200 army personal are moving in no one is allowed in there.

The the area has to checked including bushland EVERY SINGLE INCH dont think ill be able to get in there for at least a few weeks :(

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
commsirac, theres a time and place to be discussing the points you raised. Now is not that time and this thread is certainly not the place. You don't have to turn everything into an arguement so please quit it before you **** more people off.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Terrible weather: combination of highest temp ever recorded in the state and incredibly low humidity hasnt got anything to do with climate change?

I think you were the one that introduced your own political thoughts to the problem, but Im not allowed to offer what I think?

Not talk politics, people want arsonists burnt at the stake(fair enough).....that's political too, we want changes to regulations to stop it happening again.....yes, only politics will change it!

Not all the fires were started by arsonists, and there have always been arsonsists and we will never stop them(anyone that thinks the bushfire problem can be stopped if we can stop arsonists(we never will) has got their head in the sand). What has changed is that conditions allow their "handy" work to cause such damage.

Mate, you are missing my point, how does every climate change thread or anything related to it end up? I am sure you have seen some of my admissions in another thread. This thread is not the place to discuss it.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
its brilliant seeing how australia has pulled together to help people out, and ive just read an article saying were gunna send over 100 fire fighters, i know on the grand scheme of things its not much but atleast its somthing, and every fire fighter counts, well i think so any way

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
Langwarrin fires

They have finally caught 2 girls who started the Langwarrin fires, 2 girls decided to have a smoke in bushland and they started a small fire and threw in a cigarette lighter to see what would happen:bang::bang::bang:

Whats the world coming to !!!!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
They have finally caught 2 girls who started the Langwarrin fires, 2 girls decided to have a smoke in bushland and they started a small fire and threw in a cigarette lighter to see what would happen:bang::bang::bang:

Whats the world coming to !!!!

Lack of education is the problem. I remember through my school years teh CFA used to hold a fire awareness program at Beckley Park(north Geelong) they would have examples of what its liek to be in a fire, how quickly they get out of control etc, smoke tents, stop drop and roll education. This doesnt happen anymore. These education programs need to come back.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Does anyone know if there's a Google Earth overlay or similar showing the effected areas in a bit more detail than they're showing on TV? I live in the city of Whittlesea (not the suburb they're showing on TV but the shire) and wanted to know where the fires are