Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorian Bush Fires

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
cpbait, it may be worth getting in touch with people and finding out how to donate whats raised DIRECTLY to the township, too much gets tied up with charities and the peopel that need it miss out.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh thats what i was thinking the appeals that go directly to the townships.
will look into it tommorrow to find out which ones.

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
A Suggestion:
Maybe do a JCCC Blood Donation too?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Death count is up to 172 people :(

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
When we did the charity cruise for the bushfires on the Eyre Peninsular, Salvation army assured us every cent would go to the victims.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
i really cannot explain what i seen today up yea rd it makes me sick, and i do tear up thinking about it. i have unconfirmed reports that i have 7 friends who didnt make it i hope that its not true cause i dont know how much more i could handle

That's awful to hear Dave, i hope it's not true! Don't worry bro, i'll be up there next year with you boys fighting these fires. Just waiting on my call for hwne training starts, but i imagine it will be delayed for a while due to the stretched resources of the CFA who are all battling blazes. But i shall wait patiently, hopefully next year (let's hope we don't HAVE to), we can fight the fires side by side mate! :thumbsup:

i got a bit p*ssed off at channel nine, their reporters, film crews etc in nice clean clothes, well slept, etc walking around sticking their beaks into other people's misfortune for ratings.

Argh, don't get me started!!!! You know the most annoying part? Is when they are interviewing someone and they ask "So how has this affected you and how are you and your family feeling?".

Honestly, do these people have no soul? Where's the ****ing mentality in that? How the **** do you think they feel? One ****ing guess.......... Idiots.

I'm definantly up for a cruise if one gets organised for VIC, we just have to be wary of where we cruise if we go up into the hills, currently Badger creek, Healesville, Chum creek and up around there are off limits as that's where the fires are headed and is currently under heavy ember attack. I know it's only tuesday, but there is a good chance it will be off limits on the weekend too if the worst case scenario happens.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Argh, don't get me started!!!! You know the most annoying part? Is when they are interviewing someone and they ask "So how has this affected you and how are you and your family feeling?".

Honestly, do these people have no soul? Where's the ****ing mentality in that? How the **** do you think they feel? One ****ing guess.......... Idiots.

Ive got mates from Meredith and Ballarat at these fires, a few of them and a few locals put in a complaint from that Koch wanker on channel 7. Apparently he was literally stalking people and really hammering questions into them.

I will give credit to the 2 hosts from Today on 9, they have seemingly been really good.

On a positive note, Australia has already raised 12 million. With Cricket Australia donating all ticket sales to todays match and the Cricket Team donating all match fee's, it is great to see Australias spirit come alive in times of need.

To the ****wits who blew up another atm last night, perhaps you could send down the money you stole to help people in need?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I agree it's a great feeling to know Australia is getting up and supporting it's people when they need it most, it's like one big family and it's great to see the Aussie spirit is still alive!

12 million SO FAR is amazing, then take in whatever is being taken up over the next few week by fundraisers all over the country and donations left right and centre. It's not going to replace everything all those people have lost, but it's gotta help in some way. How much has the Victorian government put in out of curiosity? It would want to be a bloody decent amount i tell ya what.......

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I agree it's a great feeling to know Australia is getting up and supporting it's people when they need it most, it's like one big family and it's great to see the Aussie spirit is still alive!

12 million SO FAR is amazing, then take in whatever is being taken up over the next few week by fundraisers all over the country and donations left right and centre. It's not going to replace everything all those people have lost, but it's gotta help in some way. How much has the Victorian government put in out of curiosity? It would want to be a bloody decent amount i tell ya what.......

I am yet to hear an amount, I did have a feeling they were matching the 10 mill from fed government. But it will be tied up in bureaucratic bullshit. This is why its best to give direct to the causes I feel.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I've been reading, listening and watching alot of the media on this... some of the accounts are horrible... can't imaging being in that situation.

Just incredible... no works for what has happened...

Unfortunately alot of the accouns seem to be of people wanting to protect their property, then being overwhelmed and deciding to try and get out too late.

All very sad.

I've heard they are expecting the death toll to reach and even go over 200.

Shocking... just leave me feeling shocked and helpless...

I know my donations and what not will help... but... just feels like its not enough...

Horrible.

Is JCCC planning on any sort of charity even? Like even a cruise to go to the places once this is mostly over and help with the clean up... I dunno... anything?