Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIDEO] HORN RANDOMLY GOING OFF??? also triggered by highbeams!!? very embarrasing!!

brockodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo Blue 2010 VE SV6 Manual Sedan
I had a similar probe with my VX but it was when using indicator - set off horn sometimes , was fairly high km car , replaced indicator arm , problem sorted , not sure if same probe but just a thought .

mattbizman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I just started to have the same problem with my ve ssv. Mind you it started straight after swapping the factory airbox and disconnect/reconnect the earth. The horn would randomly go off at about half the normal level while the car was idling and would stop if you reved it. This got louder and more frequent towards the end of the day
I looked at a few forums and took out the horn relay, 10 mins later an engine overheat warning flashed up. I pulled over put the relay back in and disconected the horn and engine temp went back to normal.
I also have no front blinkers either?
Going out now to make sure my earth has good metal to metal contact.
This thread was very helpful thankyou!

Sansius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY12 SSV
This thread helped me out today. Horn was going on at half volume after I changed spark plugs. Pulling the relay stopped it but then I lost blinkers. Tightened up the earth next to airbox, problem solved. I was messing around with the earth earlier in the week and must have bumped it loose when I changed the spark plugs. Thanks.