Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk 304 won't fire

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
hay guys
Pretty stuck on my build at the moment I'm doing an injected 304 into vk, I'm ready to fire my fresh built vn 304 I know everything is in working order, I have spark but no fuel, it will fire on aero start, when I turn the key the external fuel pump does its initial prime, but not a lot happens after that I just assumed it had pressure in the rails I pulled a plug and its dry as **** with no fuel in site, if the dizzy is incorrectly fitted could it give you spark but no injector pulse?
The engine light is showing code number 12 which is perfectly fine no codes
does anyone have any idea on what the hell it could be?
Also how long can you crank an engine without destroying the new cam? It's coated in a heap of cam lube so fingers crossed its fine haha
Cheers boys

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Possibly oil sender,the relay or something to do with those like wiring..sounds like no signal. check with diagrams it's all there & connnected up correctly.

Ecu will prime pump 2-3 seconds when hit accessories then when it fires up signal comes off oil sender or igniton module module (cant remember atm) f/pump will then stay on.

With conversions I usually keep factory oil/water senders with car/gauge then put on efi engine & run a tachiometric relay that runs f/pump off coil signal..do same thing,primes for 2-3 secs then when fires pump stays on..stalls,f/pump off.

If you think f/pump is all that is holding it back from starting 'hotwire' it with a switch so it runs & you can bed in the cam then work out electrical issue.

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Thanks for the info mate much appreciated
I don't wanna sound like a potato but I'm sad to say I figured my problem today, I figured the return and supply line were ass about god I feel like a real wanker haha, swapped them around and bam fired straight up
Thanks again for your help
Mate

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Haha yep been caught out by that atleast twice when wiring up other people's cars