Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Berlina in Green (big image spoiler!)

grantius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
update:

Fixed the fuel hose with a bit of duct tape and an extra clamp, only a slight drip here and there.
Tach died while driving but tapped the dash and it started working again. Love the cars torque for cruising around the city but the high motorway revs won't be good for the wallet!

No signs of the stalling problem I was having - a vacuum hose had fallen off the intake which was making one hell of a racket so I wonder if that was causing it to run rich and die.

Does anyone know anything about the heater fans? Only time I can get them to work is when I go over a bump and they spin up and dump a whole bunch of crap on me!

grantius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
no but seriously. leaking fuel is fkn dangerous. youll be sorry if you dont fix it properley.

I've managed to completely stop the leak until I can get a new fuel hose from a wrecker or a fuel inlet hose adapter.

Thanks for the concern!

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
The fumes and fuel will eat through the adhesive that the duct tape uses and you'll be replacing it almost every ride, im not sure why it's so hard for you to get a new hose but i honestly wouldn't be driving it until it's fixed properly.

grantius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
The fumes and fuel will eat through the adhesive that the duct tape uses and you'll be replacing it almost every ride, im not sure why it's so hard for you to get a new hose but i honestly wouldn't be driving it until it's fixed properly.

I've managed to get it fixed now

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Zip ties and piece of cut up place mat? Lol. Na how did you fix it?

grantius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Zip ties and piece of cut up place mat? Lol. Na how did you fix it?

Almost - got some tighter clamps so now I don't have any tape on it whatsoever.

Waiting for a shop to open after new year which sells carb inlet adaptors for piping so I can replace the whole lot

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Almost - got some tighter clamps so now I don't have any tape on it whatsoever.

Waiting for a shop to open after new year which sells carb inlet adaptors for piping so I can replace the whole lot

Thats alright Its frustrating I'm not working want to get some bits for my car but i cant because nothings open. except Supercheap haha. Although if i was asked to work today I'd say #### off too...

Actually no i wouldn't Public Holiday Overtime rates :(

grantius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Thats alright Its frustrating I'm not working want to get some bits for my car but i cant because nothings open. except Supercheap haha. Although if i was asked to work today I'd say #### off too...

Actually no i wouldn't Public Holiday Overtime rates :(

I went to repco but they don't have much of a range for such an old car.

Yeah getting paid heaps during holidays used to make me very happy!