Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk brake upgrade

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
For $500 I'd keep looking tbh. Keen to see pics of your build too if you ever get a chance to put some up :)

Last edited:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
^^^What he said.

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Sure guys not a worry I'll take a few tomorrow and sort out how to post them,
By any chance you boys wouldn't happen to know much about ignitions would you? I've pulled my old one out no worries and I can't slide my new one in it'll get half way then gets stuck I've read it should just slide in any tips? :bomb:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Get a bigger hammer? Sorry man never had to play with ignitions luckily. Bit of graphite powder might help it slide in maybe?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I had trouble with mine. Was a repro barrel and was very tight. Pushed it in a bit harder and all seems well. What problems are you having with it exactly? They're not very fun to play with (I'm sure it's supposed to be that way lol)

Does the key head say 'nice', by any chance?

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Haha believe me man a 7lb hammer sounds great right now lol

Yeah mate it's a nice brand I don't know much about ignitions but at the end of the barrel there seems to be a long chrome locking type piece( looks like a bottle opener) lol it seems to be hitting the teeth that drives your ignition to accessories and on position if that makes sense I've tried giving a few love taps with my hand but no good

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah mine was the same. Are you trying with the key in the lock?

I can't really remember much other than the difficulty I had, it was over 2 years ago that i played with it. The lock feels good though so I'm happy.

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Yeah bud I've got my key in the lock and it's turned roughly to the accessories point where it's suppose to be
I'll just keep trying tomorrow, I'll try put up some photos tomorrow of the build
Have a good one champ :boxing:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Brake upgrade....You'll need hub adaptors (about $200 for the pair), the flexible brake lines you can go 1 of 2 ways....One, buy braided ones, if you wish, or you can buy adaptors, that go inbetween the flexible brake line and the hard line.....And 3rdly, a 1" bore M/C.

I did the conversion about 3 months ago, on a VC......I just used the adaptors, for the flexible brake line to hard line, and at the moment, I'm still running the 15/16" M/C.....I do have to change the booster in the VC, because it's from a VK, so it's smaller than the VC one, so when I change the booster I'll do the 1" M/C I have here at the same time.

The diff I have is a 10 bolt disc braker, running 3.08 gears....I also have a 2.78 disc braker here as well....You have to be cautious, with the 10 bolt disc brake diffs....Some have the large unis, some have the small ones. The 3.08 geared one has the larger unis, whilst the 2.78 geared one has the smaller ones.

Over all, I've been pretty happy with the brake upgrade I have done....Once I change the M/C then it should improve it more

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Just a question VC, can you run 15" wheels over the VT upgraded brakes? May look at doing it to mine if I can.