Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk brake upgrade

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
G'day guys I know this has probably been covered 1001 times before but I'm wanting to do a brake upgrade on my vk I scored a set of vy hsv brakes, at this stage I've got everything I need including brake lines, master/booster , hub adaprots but was wondering if the brake lines on the rear stay the standard length I know the front lines are about 2 inches longer I'm wanting braided lines all round but nobody can give me an answer for the rear any help would be great

Also one more question does anyone know the thread size/pitch in a vk power steering rack where the power steer hoses screw into? Cheers guys

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The Hoses are to short for STD size VT rear brakes, the HSV ones can only be bigger again so custom ones will be needed.

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Have you got the rear adaptors as well?

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I'm hoping in finding a diff with the disc brake set up already done so that's one less thing I have to do and brakes should bolt straight on

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The VT calipers dont just bolt on the rear, the spacing is slightly different. Handbrake also doesnt work with VT rotors, need to modify the shoes or discs to suit.