Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Brake Upgrade

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heres the vx booster and master fitted to my vh...works a treat

Attachments

• vh booster.jpg
    vh booster.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 3,159

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Heres the vx booster and master fitted to my vh...works a treat

was it a direct bolt in? my VN booster is shagged and i'm intending to do the same upgrade.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
yeah, 1" M/C will give a slightly better pedal feel. not sure on the drumbrake thing. only ever used disks on the rears with the bigger fronts. can only try it. i think you may have to change the wheel cylinder to a smaller size in the drums. alternatively fit disk rears, shouldn't be to difficult. what diff does your VK have? if it's a later model with a BW i think you can convert yours to disks using a donor diff (complete from disk to disk) from any other BW diff like VL/VN/VP etc

Oh ok, thats alright, so using the V8 Master/booster, calipers and mounting brackets, rotors and pads and she should be all go?

Not sure what my diff is, what the easiest way to check?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh ok, thats alright, so using the V8 Master/booster, calipers and mounting brackets, rotors and pads and she should be all go?

Not sure what my diff is, what the easiest way to check?

yep. the easiest way to check is to see how the driveshaft is mounted to the diff. if it's using "U" bolts straight around the universal cups it's a salisbury, if it uses a flange arrangement it's a borgwarner. only the later model VK's got em

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
was it a direct bolt in? my VN booster is shagged and i'm intending to do the same upgrade.

Not quite...modified vr booster bracket...., redrilled pushrod hole, 3 line adapters ,vs resevoir .....but the rest is boltup....old master was shagged(using all fluid in resevoir in 3 weeks) and was a more economic way of fixing/upgrading ...took me about 2 hours .....remove and install all bled up but that nut on left stud of bracket under column is a bitch to do up.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
yep. the easiest way to check is to see how the driveshaft is mounted to the diff. if it's using "U" bolts straight around the universal cups it's a salisbury, if it uses a flange arrangement it's a borgwarner. only the later model VK's got em

Damn it, its a salisbury then.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not quite...modified vr booster bracket...., redrilled pushrod hole, 3 line adapters ,vs resevoir .....but the rest is boltup....old master was shagged(using all fluid in resevoir in 3 weeks) and was a more economic way of fixing/upgrading ...took me about 2 hours .....remove and install all bled up but that nut on left stud of bracket under column is a bitch to do up.

thats what i though when i measured one up at my local wreckers but re-drilling the mounting bracket is easy and i knew about the line adapters, just gotta chase some down here in NZ although with recent experience i'll probably have to get em from aussie too

stealthVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E
thats a sweet conversion can you shed some more light on this so i can try to tacklr the vx booster to vh conversion myself.

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
i just did the vlt upgrade pulls up very well have had no probs with it either

RED1M8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 383 turbo & VK Royale LS1
On my VK Rather then buying hub adaptors and VT-VY discs $$$$
i'm doing the same as a kit available over here NZ, and using 290mm aftermarket discs vl-vn $85 each new and useing VT-VY calipers and police spec pads, all just bolts straight up (need new hoses i think)

Already have V8 280mm rear discs and callipers

Will also be fitting VY booster/master cylinder