Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK brakes

brettyb2002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk executive 1985
hey all first of all i done a whole strut replacement ( sucks i know ) .. when i put it all back togethor and connect my brakes up to the disks , and took it for a lap around the block to make sure it was running how it should , my front left brake callaper had locked onto my disk :-S and started smoking and stuff..so i then drove it home , and bled the front brakes again , i havent drivin it , but from moving it back into the shed they felt heaps better !...previously though when my Front left callaper had locked on it pulled my brake peddle half way to the floor...it seems to be fine now ( but i havent driven it ) has anyone got some advice for me or can help me solve this before i take it for a drive as i need my car to get me to and from work it is highly urgent to me.

Things i have checked
=================
1.no kinks in brake lines
2.double checked that i put my pads in the right way ! :flame:
3. brake fluid was full

...and what else to do/check for i am unsure of , anyhelp would be great as i need to hopefully fix this first thing in the morning haha

Cheers
Bretto :thumbsup:

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
Check the caliper slide pins and make sure they slide freely.
You'll need to take the pads etc out to check this.

brettyb2002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk executive 1985
hey there im working on it right now as we speak , and i have checked them they are all good i have also bled my brakes again to make sure that there is no air in the brake lines , still no go ? :bang:

cheers
bretto

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I seen an odd tool in kmart the otherday thats handy for brakes etc and pads, maybe you could check it out.

ps. i forgot its name its a small metal rod with a disc type thing on the end.

brettyb2002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk executive 1985
Goon said:
I seen an odd tool in kmart the otherday thats handy for brakes etc and pads, maybe you could check it out.

ps. i forgot its name its a small metal rod with a disc type thing on the end.

ive decided to replace the front left calliper , as i am sure the piston inside it has sh*t itself .. ill keep u guys posted

cheers
Bretto

brettyb2002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk executive 1985
calliper has just been replaced , and still doin the same thing , brake pads are in correctly , i have the correct disks etc. i cant spin my disk on the axle , it makes a metal on metal grinding sound ... wtf is goin on , how hard is it to fit a brake calliper these days jeez i done the right hand side and everythings sweet , help plz before i burn my car to the ground lol :bang: :bang: :bang:

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
Check the alignment of the caliper bracket.
Maybe your wheel bearings failed.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
this exact thing happened to me in the middle of the nullabor

dust got into the piston system and just locked it up, stopped at a servo, took the wheel off and cleaned out the entire assembly, never missed a beat for the 3 years i drove it for after

brettyb2002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk executive 1985
just to let u all know incase people out there are reading this thread and having the same drama's that i am having ... my brake booster is hissing and is sucking air , which randomly is pulling in my brake peddle sometimes so up to replace the booster , as some of u may know how much of a fun job that is ! :bang:
thanks for everyone's reply's

cheers
bretto