Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk calais 333 pack

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
good job fair mes of wires in there but this is going to be one tough Calais

Spent the day fitting the brake booster, radiator hoses,catch can, fuel line and tidying the loom. It fired up first go. Slowly getting there.

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Looking very good mate keep it up must be happy she fired up !!!!! It wont be too long and you can go cruising in it ....In the engine bay pic what are the braided hoses from the tappet covers running too ????? have you got catch cans there!!!!!

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Looking very good mate keep it up must be happy she fired up !!!!! It wont be too long and you can go cruising in it ....In the engine bay pic what are the braided hoses from the tappet covers running too ????? have you got catch cans there!!!!!

Not long to go. Getting a tailshaft made up and it is booked in for an exhaust next monday. There is a catch can behind the grill.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
View attachment 125843 VK023.JPG
Sort of back together. A lot of little things to tidy but at least it can be driven. It gets picked up by tow truck tomorrow for an exhaust.

Last edited:

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Getting a twin 2.5inch all the way again. The extractors have to be modified to fit around the bell housing. I should ready by tommorrow arvo. This will be my first drive. Can't wait.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Picked it up yesterday and went for a test drive. The exhaust is a little noisier then expected and the engine lumped more than expected but nice to drive. good in traffic. Can't stop driving it and grinning at the same time. The note is fantastic.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Nothing like a V8 to make you smile, every time i hear one i get a little grin happening, post some more pics!!

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
It has been raining since so I have not been able to give it a real bootful. A few things to tidy up and off to C for C tomorrow. Yeh a lumpy V8 note nothing better. The exhaust shop really new what they was doing. The old bloke is a hoon.