Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK EFI - Throttle Lever Stop

Kenny Barnett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hi
Did a boo-boo - tried to adjust my idle speed with throttle stop. Have since found out you're not supposed to play with this setting. Anybody know how to set it up? Does anyone have a original GMH manual that may show this set up. (My Gregory manual says nothing about it)
Thx
Kenny

Com_VC

Reaction score
Hi try doing this.

Wind the throttle stop screw all the way out till it's just about to fall out.

Now open up the throttle from the throttle body itself and you should be able to hear a clicking sound coming from the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS, black thing with 3 pin plug on throttle body)

You pretty much want to adjust the throttle screw so that you dont hear the click until you press the throttle.

This is how I have always done mine and it has worked for me.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Ok throttle stop has nothing to do with the TPS it has its own adjustment on the VK.

what you need to do is take the air intake off the Throttle body and wind in the throttle stop till it just loads throttle mech, it shouldnt move the butterfly you will need to check this.

Once set adjust your idle with the air bleed screw on the top of the throttle body, remember to back off the lock nut first, then when you tighten the lock nut make sure you hold the air bleed screw in place. They tend to back off slightly 1/8 of a turn if you dont.

cheers
Scott

Kenny Barnett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thanks for info Guys.
Got her running this arvo and all seems ok. I adjusted TPS to suit the current throttle stop position so that part I can adjust as required.
I would have thought there would be some factory setting of the butterfly - something like some feeler gauge setting of butterfly to bore at idle as the basis of the set-up - i.e. it is not an idle adjustment but a base point for the butterfly position.
The Gregory's explains the idle speed via air bleed screw so that's OK.
Scott - I'll try your method when I get a chance - thanks for info
Kenny