Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[202] vk efi

southy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suzuki Swift GTI

Mad-Biker

Reaction score
Members Ride
cbr600f4i
about 50 bucks, lol, carby filters are generally plastic, low pressure paperish elements, usually clamped on with a hose clamp, or even a clip.

efi filtres, are huge the size fo a can of coke, metal casing designed for high pressure, nfi whats inside of them, and usually have lock nuts to clamp on, some have big clamps. your fuel filter is underneeth the back of the car, climb under, you will see it infront of the fuel tank, just take it off, have a bucket as a bunch of fuel will come out thats in the lines, then put a new one one, make sure its the right direction, should be an arrow on it which way.

as for oil and filter, i suggest you buy a car manual, usually these things are pretty much covered in it, its very simple though,warm the car up, turn it off, hide the keys, so nobody starts it, undo bolt at the bottom of the motor, oil comes out into your prepared drain tray, leave it open, then use a oil filter tool, many around, undo the filter, which is a round caniser thing, located er, somewhere on the motor, cant remember where atm on a vk. oil will come out of that, it screws on and off basically, then get your new one, some say to pour a little bit of oil insie of it, and run some oil around the outside rubber sealing ring, with ya finger, then screw it back on, just nip it up a bit tighter with the tool, doesnt need to much. then put the bolt back on the bottom of the car, some need a crush washer for sealing you can replace. then pour the oil in, measure how much ya have with a dip stick, or on a bike the sight glass. wala, done.. never start the car with out any oil, unless you like fires, and expencive money. i do buy quality oil, but you dont need the best, just get whats on special from super cheap except that black no name brand stuff in the bargain shop, lol.

i wouldnt be doing the brakes unless ya know what ya doing, air in the lines isnt a good thing if ya do it wrong.

radiator, do a good flush, take the hoses off, the radiator, let em drain, stick the hose into each one on full pressure as much as ya can and wash it out, same goes for inside the radiator hoses to clean the block out. then seal it all up, make sure you do the clamps up tight, and your done once ya put coolant in, i usually like to mix mine a bit stronger than usual, coz i live in extreem climates, i personally get deminerilized water from the supermarket to mix mine with, but others will use tap water, only coz i use to live on boar water that was high in sulpha and smelt liek farts.... and dont be stupid and pour 100% concentrated stuff into the engine block and drive it around for a few thousand km before telling anybody...

southy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suzuki Swift GTI
Mad biker i knew there was a difference between fuel filters.

i was just having a dig a vkcommo cuz i thought he was talkin about oil filters..

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
normally i would rreply but i cbf reading all that after work ill do it tomrrow :)
(L)

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
oh, and oil filter location is on the drivers side of the engine at the bottom, just above the sump

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
make sure the inlet manifold bolts are tight as well (where it bolts to the cylinder head)
All 202's (EFI included) need these bolts/nuts checked on services. They wind themselves loose which causes a vacuum leak. Usually results in rough/unstable idle, increased fuel consumption etc

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
make sure the inlet manifold bolts are tight as well (where it bolts to the cylinder head)
All 202's (EFI included) need these bolts/nuts checked on services. They wind themselves loose which causes a vacuum leak. Usually results in rough/unstable idle, increased fuel consumption etc

Sorry to mini digg but i never knew that. im going to check that soon

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Best thing for a efi 202 = snail and/or 5 litre transplant.

Reaper

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Best thing for a efi 202 = snail and/or 5 litre transplant.

Reaper

Correction: triple carbs and a lumpy cam are the best things for an old straight six
nothing sounds better ('cept maybe the aforementioned 5ltr!!)