Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Group Areplica Fuel Cell

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
HI

I just bought a vk group a replica and it has a fuel cell installe din the boot. When I got home the garage just stinks of petrol and the inside of the car smells a bit to. What can I do here? I can see its vented externally there is a hose that loops once and goes to the outside with a bung thing on it and holes, im assuming this is where all my garage petrol smell is coming from. Are these fuel cells legal also. I was going to go back to a standard tank but im worrie dI will still get the smell as arent they also vented externally? This car also has no pollution gear installed a old hq motor I think engine prefix 11qt? The battery is also in the boot,

1. I dont want my garage smelling like petrol

2. I will have my son in the car so a bit worried on the safety aspect.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
HI

I just bought a vk group a replica and it has a fuel cell installe din the boot. When I got home the garage just stinks of petrol and the inside of the car smells a bit to. What can I do here? I can see its vented externally there is a hose that loops once and goes to the outside with a bung thing on it and holes, im assuming this is where all my garage petrol smell is coming from. Are these fuel cells legal also. I was going to go back to a standard tank but im worrie dI will still get the smell as arent they also vented externally? This car also has no pollution gear installed a old hq motor I think engine prefix 11qt? The battery is also in the boot,

1. I dont want my garage smelling like petrol

2. I will have my son in the car so a bit worried on the safety aspect.

Sounds like its waiting to go boom, careful disconnecting the battery, jumpstarting it, even charging it.

have they ripped out the vapour lines going to the front?
You need to get at the very least the vapour system reconnected.