Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Heater Controls

L

lairdy

Trying to fix my heater still in the Vk. Had a look at the heater control and have no idea how to get the thing out to check it?

Any ideas on how to get the heater control out of the dash or do i have to take most of the dash off (instrument cluster etc) to get it out?

The thing looks like a real mongrel to get out and the owner of the car before me has obviously tried it because he has snapped a few things.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

Silver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Calais
Lairdy, email me and I'll talk you through it. I've done it a few times problem shooting other things and it's essentially rather straight forward. Don't be scared.

Paul

[email protected]

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
is it a SL/executive, Vacationer, Berlina or Calais?

Basically does your console have an arm rest?

Ok heres the images of the 2 types of consols showing covering clips etc.

cheers
Scott

Last edited:
W

wise1080

hi scott, its a vk berlina looks like the first one.. thanks for the picture, hopefully i'll be able to get thing apart now..

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
would that guide be any good for a VH SL/E?

another broke heater here...

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Not sure on that It might be the same as a VB never really had a good look at one to tell you the truth.
If you can tell me if your heater controls are the same as a VB or not I will see what info I have.
I have factory manuals for VB,VC,VK,VN & VR but no VH been looking around from time to time

cheers
Scott

dontsailbackwards

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V6 '94
Before you tear it apart ... bundle yourself upside-down in the passenger side and peer up into the centre console/dash with a torch. The control cable for the heater valve is accessible from there. It should be clipped into place so the outer (black covering) stays still & the inner moves with the control arm. If the outer is loose then the heater valve won't open - the whole cable moves around. Adjust it to cold & close the heater valve with the cable before you clp it into place.

If it isn't loose then get up before anyone sees you cos you'll look a bit silly.