Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK L67

Are there many issues to convert a VK COMMODORE to L68

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Super6 vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67 ute
Are there many issues converting a VK sedan to L67 manual

Re: speedo/gauges/fuel tank/ exhaust/
Brakes and suspension

H

harrop.senator

Unsure on the vk specific stuff but for manual you'll need to buy a chrome moly flywheel and have it mirror balanced to the original flex plate.

If your vk is efi you'll want to run a warlbro 255 or similar and should already have a swirl pot in the tank from memory.

I'd be fitting a bw78 diff instead of the banjo either from vn-vs or a vl. That way its stronger and the pinion flange is same patter as v6 commodore.

You'll want some heavier springs and stiffer struts in the front and at least some vented single pots so it pulls up.

Unsure about the electrics its one of the things I refuse to partake in but heaps of people have put v6's in vks I think castlemaine does a lot of cross members for it.

The engine harness from a standard v6 can be used on l67 just exten the drivers side of the harness to reach the plugs easier around the charger. That and the boost cut off switch is the only difference between the looms so any wiring info you find on a normal ecotec is usable info on a l67.