Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk poject

Discussion in 'Projects' started by BROCKYFANO5, Apr 12, 2009.

1. BROCKYFANO5

BROCKYFANO5 New Member

Members Ride:
    vk
    hey all im lookin in 2 a vk project car i wanna fit an ls1 an 6 speed manny sorta wanting 2 know wat problems ill run in2 in the prosess also wantin 2 know if the vl walky front,rear bars an skirts will fit straight on i knowthat the vk an vl r similar so hope they will fit only wanna fit them 2 do somethin diferent.

any help would b great cheers.........

2. Jo3_Blo

Jo3_Blo HZ Holden Fanatic

Members Ride:
    WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
    if you want a walky kit, its probably just easier to get a VL to start with.

But don't quote me on that.

The VKs and VLs do have very similar bodys so you MAY be able to do it without too many issues.

3. H1GHROLLR

H1GHROLLR CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED

Members Ride:
    VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
    i have a mate that put a ls1 in a vh and he reckons with the money it cost him to do it he could have built a 308 that would eat worked ls1's for tea . . .dont get me wrongs it sounds great and there aint no one that would love to see it more then me but before you jump into it you should probs sit down and do a bit of thinking . . . i know that i would build up a nice 308/355 etc over using a stock ls1 there not fast stock and yeah you can get ok hp for fairly cheap but if you want to start making bigger numbers the ls1 aint cheap to build i have a folder full of receipts for my new ls1 . . . seriously bud sleep on it

4. vk_rb30

vk_rb30 New Member

Members Ride:
    vk calais
    i need so some help with the lining up of vl trans tale and diff and cross member help me someone