Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK project car

sharky4949

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 202
hello there everyone im new to this whole post but long time reader of other posts on here

anyway finally got my hands on a 1984 VK commodore one owner was so excited now trying to work out what to do first
where should i start pull the motor out and send it of to get re conditioned or leave it in there and get it RWC and REG then go nuts lol
looking for a weekend cruiser with a little bit more power and something myself and kids can take to a local car show
thinking about keeping the 202 black thats in there so i can say its original motor
any hep on what i could do to the motor would be a lot of help

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
RWC and Reg first I rekon, they will give you a run down on what needs fixing.. if anything..

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Definitely stick rego on it, don't bother spending money on the 202 for the money you will spend to make it go its not worth it. Save your money and consider a RB30, VN-later V6, EFI 5L or LS conversion depending on your budget.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
or strap a massive holset to the 202..

terra73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS 215kw
I have a VX L67 Supercharged V6 complete with Auto, Wiring looms, Computer. Was going to put in a VK Calais, but due to illness sold the VK.
I have a Brand new "old stock" K member & a set of magnificent of NEW 17" Japanese AME 3 piece Mags.
All was to go on the VK Calias.
Also a V6 "conversion kit" from V6 Conversions in Moree, cost me about $700.

The Lot for $2500

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
hello there everyone im new to this whole post but long time reader of other posts on here

anyway finally got my hands on a 1984 VK commodore one owner was so excited now trying to work out what to do first
where should i start pull the motor out and send it of to get re conditioned or leave it in there and get it RWC and REG then go nuts lol
looking for a weekend cruiser with a little bit more power and something myself and kids can take to a local car show
thinking about keeping the 202 black thats in there so i can say its original motor
any hep on what i could do to the motor would be a lot of help

I like the 202 and I have an 86 vk manual which will stay 202 as well. It will stay original motor with some tweaks and you can make something healthy from it. if you want power then LS it but power is not just about engine it is all components, rewire, brakes the lot.

Do what you want not what someone else wants :)