Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk project! staring from scratch!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
yea checked the boot and no rust there either. n yea it is dead straight! i know i shouldn be complaining for a grand but all i expected the engine to do was get home lol! it was advertise that it ran well! i cant work on it when its 600ks away lol!

i gonna put some old school mags on it and make it look really sweet. not doin too much to the engine straight away. just want somethin lookin smooth to get around in for now! my torana is my sleeper :p stockies and all! the vk is just gonna be a cruiser! well at least till the torana is done! then il be doing a v6 conversion for sure!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
those are not genuine VK

21-VK_JPG.jpg

yours look like gemini's or something...

VH IIRC.

Reaper

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey im pullin the suspention off my pranged vk cos i know its way better then the standard stuff on the new project and noticing that the rubbers are already ****ed! they would only be a couple years old. anyone got suggestions on good quality bushers etc? doin what i can while i wait to get my vk down from adelaide! ****in still not happy got sold a lemon that couldn even make it 10 mins! grrr could have done tones by now!

VKCALAISV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 V6
I'd be looking at some Super Pro urethane bushes!

Not a bad start for a cruiser project mate!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok yea sounds good. what sorta price we lookin at? anyone know of a place to get vk calais side garnish? looked on ebay and we lookin at around 45 per piece lol.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
what bushes do you need to replace? i know its a lot, but there is a set on ebay which is like.. 300 bucks or something where has every bush in it, but in neolathane. your car will drive zillion times better. even just replacing the sway bar link bushes with neolathane made a huge difference in mine.

they are not cheap though :(

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i recon thats the ones my mate was talkin about! i am lookin at the full job! apparently makes ya car handle like a go kart! im not really into lowering my vk cos i like the muscle car look! but i would like to stiffen it up as much as possible! 300 is a dash rich. got any cheaper recomendations? or are they really worth it?

VKCALAISV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 V6
$300 is pretty good price mate!

about 10 years ago I got quoted for my old VH to replace all the old rubbers on the car @ pedders and it was $1400 inc fitting! and that was'nt even including any sway bars, springs or shocks! I think it was about $600 or $700 just for the bushes without fitting!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol yea they would have charger ya like a grand in labour! il be doin it myself! il see what the bank looks like and then consider gettin the set! i still gotta get a new oil pump yet too!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
well sent me uncle some money and he changed the oil pump for me recons it runs a dream now! no flat spots or missing, great to handle for its age, not very responsive lol but thats cos he is used to driving his twin turbo ford seira cosworth! il go pick it up sat and drive it home than the fun beggins! :p finally!