Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk project! staring from scratch!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
ok how much force do i need? i modifyed a bench mounted clamp thingy so its got alot of clamping power and i can put a pole on it to really get a fair squeeze out of it! recon this will do? cant remember what i used it for when i fist made it! but i know its got enough strenght to squeeze an average bolt to the point it bends! :) love to play around with physics!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol yea i recon il have a go and if i cant get il hafta take it in! ok so once i saved for the bushed and got them, next i want to put a manual in it! just cos i prefer them. what do you recomend? i want somethin strong but not too pricy. the engine will be modifyed but nothin like 300kw or nothin lol iv heard lots of good stuff about the t5. what do ya recon?

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol guess what! i finally got it back from adelaide! lol sat on 50ks comin out throught the hills! and she dont like goin above 80-90 or she drops oil pressure and ya get that dam tickin noise which i cant seem to find! i replaced the hydraulic lifters cos they were ****ed! pulled the sump off and even after flushinf the whole engine 3 times there was still old built up gluggy oil! so cleaned all that out and i managed to drive her the whole way from adelaise to mount gambier! she stil got alot of problems but il get there! :)

Mr. Brightside

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH 253 4 speed, 2006 VE SSV M6
The hubcaps shown are off a VH SL/X.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea cheers dude think il be puttin some mags on it but. not like 18 inch or nothin just some old school mags! ans suggestions? i dont want those simmons five spoke mags cos everyone else got em. and i dont really like the original calais mags. what do ya think of the three spoke mags in the pics on my old vk?

and been lookin on ebay for those bushes but cant find a complete set.....

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
no, not the old mags. their ugly.
what 5 spoke simmons are u talkng bout?
go either simmons or newer model ones
like the senitor sigs orr something else :)

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol whats wrong with old school mags? decided jellybean mags would look gay lol dont want 5 star either cos heaps of ppl got em... what are the senitor mags you were talkin about johno?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
5 star as in B45's, if so, nah don't go them, although, with a bit of dish, they look alright!

3959270679_34dc0ff08c_o.jpg

I prefer the FR's in like an 18 would be perfect :D (or 17's ;))

3906480024_large.jpg