Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK SL 202 Manual

P

Pav

update: I've stripped most of the car out, the engine just needs to come out and then I'm gonna focus on fixing up the body and getting rid of all the rust in the car. Once that's done, I'll spray it (black on silver two tone).

img0069fp6.jpg

img0070rv9.jpg

img0071yp1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
You gonna pull the front and back windows out? Chances are it's rusted out under there too.

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
looks good mate, bit of rust though shouldnt be 2 hard 2 get her looking good agian

P

Pav

Yep, gonna take both windscreens out, I want all that rust gone, it is probably my biggest obstacle in this restoration (prob cos i don't even have a welder yet lol) Luckily it's under the bonnet so the shaping/welding doesn't have to be perfect. I would love to get started on doing my interior(massive custom plans) and driveline swap(either 304efi or buick v6, depends on my $$$ situation) but I need it sprayed first so I gotta get rid of that evil rust.

P

Pav

Yup, a 304 would be sweet as, there's just something about a v8 that gives a car it's presence, especially somethin old school.

For the moment though, I am concentrating on restoring it and making it look nice. Interior I am planning to do:
- Piano Black VL dash pad (air-con vents, gaps, heater controls etc. deleted and smoothed out)
- Chrome trim around the dash (also chrome wipers/door handles/door locks)
- VN Level 3 Cluster with Tinted screen in front of it like smoked gauges (Amber led lights)
- VN Seats with ebay black leather seat covers
- Tan ceiling and pillars (Already in the car, in mint condition too)
- Courtesy lights in door sills/door trim (Amber LEDs behind a dark tinted plastic cover)
- Nice black steering wheel
- Leather gear stick boot and leather gear knob
- Leather hand-brake boot and chrome handbrake cover (aftermarket)
- New black carpet/boot carpet/new rubbers etc.