Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK V3 EFI 5L V8 5 Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
IMG_12781.jpg

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Picked up my Diff today, VL Calais 3.45 Disc to Disc diff with control arms and handbrake cable etc, only downside is its a open diff but that can be fixed later on, might have a 2 way locker lined up anyway :)

Rotors and pads look good so i might just use those until i get around to fitting some VT/VX brakes on the back after roadworthy.

I'm completly out of room to store **** now so its all getting piled on top of itself, need to get it all back on the car soon :p

IMG_1279.jpg

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
niceeee.
is doing the springs hard?????

wow this thread has move section. hehe

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
No dust boots???!!! :eek:
:rofl2:

Quite a big selection of nice shiney new parts you've got going into this gurl, should be good to see it all coming together in the coming weeks :D:D
Keep the pics flowing! ;)

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
doing the springs and strut inserts was a piece of piss, even more so with a rattle gun :), took me bout 35 minutes for the first one working out what i needed to do and what tools i needed and 10 minutes for the 2nd one.

just put the strut into a bench vice and then undid the top nut with a breaker bar to a point i could get the rattle gun on it and then undid it the rest of the way while waiting for the spring to pop off :p, first one scared the crap outta me since it went earlier then expected

Undo the big nut holding the strut in with a screwdriver and hammer or a pair of multi-grips or a massive socket if u got one big enough, old ones on this had 4 slots in it so i got em off with flat head and hammer and did new ones up with multi-grips.

Put the spring compressors on the new springs and put them on then put the top bump stop on and line it up then put the strut top (either normal or adjustable :)) on top of that and do it up and done.

yea no dust boots, the ones on the old ones were ####ed and i ain't got new ones, might put some on later, probably wont bother though, the strut insert itself is all sealed around the top and then its all packed with grease around the sides of the struts inserts.

Last car didn't have em either :p

might put the control arms and strut towers back on the car tomorrow, just need to drill out k-frame bushes down the front, the round ones and belt the new ones in and then put the Z shaped bar back in and its rolling :)

Am picking up my diff center and crap off Ari on Saturday :)

and yes i moved it from the Project to the VB-VK section since it's not really a project anymore since its getting close to finished :p

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
I've been lazy this last week, spent the first week of my holidays playing the xbox :p

Changed over my tail lights with VL Calais lights and garnish.

Cleaned out more of the boot and rust guarded it.

Been slowly working out the sound deadening in the interior floor

Should be getting the donor engine out this weekend to do the Rear main, welsh plugs, water pump and a service etc so its ready to go.

Picked up my new carpet today so that will be going in on the weekend once I'm finished with the sound deadening.

Rebuilding my Manual Steering Rack atm, just waiting on my new rack ends and dust boots so i can put it back together and whack it on the car.

Picking up a V8 Fuel tank and pump this weekend.

Ordered my short shifter gear lever since my T5 didn't come with a shifter.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
haha xbox, good as.

sounds like its coming along great

Status
Not open for further replies.