Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Calais If you can fix this you must be good

G

grant_hutchinson

if you know the answer to this problem plz tell cause i have spent alot of money trying to get it fixed and it still doesnt work.

what happens is the torque convertor doesnt always engaue. some times it works properly and i am on about 2000 rpm at 100kmh and other times it doesnt work and i am doin about 2300 rpm at 100kmh. but when this happens in my calais the oil gauge goes dicky (flicks up and down eratically), the power button doesnt work and the cruise control doesnt work ether. i had the gear box rebuilt but this still happens.

ANYONE OUT THEIR HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IS GOIN ON, PLZ HELP

G

grant_hutchinson

i got them check and they said they were good

which particular seners you talking about

D

DIXIE

all of them.
the plugs were crappy at best when they went in originally... over almost 20 years they break down and the connections turn to ****... i got all mine changed and it fixed alot of problems

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
computer problems? could be many things i spose....

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
by torque converter engaging, do you mean locking in for economy mode into 4th gear? (Turn power button off) How long have you been driving it before it will engage do you know or is it a random thing. Have a look next time and see if the engine is at operating temp.

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
i have that same problem... very frustrating, but i have a good feeling that its the temp sensor.... vl's dont go into 4th while they're cold as im sure you know... but for a while i have thought that might be the problem... sooner or later i might actually get around to checking it... just clean the terminals and make sure theres a good conection

G

grant_hutchinson

hrmm

what temperature senser are you talking about (gearbox one or one on the engine), can the temperature sensor cause the cruise cotrol to bugger up like that and the oil gauge to go dicky if it is not working properly.

btw i am talk about the car not engauging the overdrive at all when the problem occurs.

T

thelastjenko

mate it could be a no of things converter,computer,clutchs in the box,wire round the wrong way and is earthing the box out

dewmiester

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr stateo 3.8
my mate had a similar problem, mostly withe the guage side of things though, it was infact the sensors