Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl commodore

orsmvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl commodore
Hi I was just wondering if someone could help me

i own a 1986 vl commodore and it has a very ruff idle, also has a miss, and is blowing black smoke out of the exhaust and stalls under load

I have replaced almost everything under the bonnet besides the sensors and the fuel pumps but i no they are working because i can here them when i turn the ignition on i have just replaced the spark plugs the other day the car has only been started and when i checked the spark plugs today they were black i have just put a brand new airflow meter on the other day do i need to get i callibrated also when i start the car i can hear the miss and see the black smoke coming out of the exhaust and the engine shaking but when i take the plug off the afm the car doesnt die straight away but i did notice that the black smoke goes away the engine doesnt shake any more and the miss has gone but when i put the plug back on the engine starts shaking again the black smoke comes back and so does the miss what can that mean i need some help as i have spent alot of money on the car fixing all these things and it still doesnt run right

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
check for vacuum leaks

orsmvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl commodore
hey i have already been over the car and checked for leaks is there anything else it could be i am really puzzled as to what it could be

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
pull the plug from air intake monitor and if it makes no difference, you need a new one

orsmvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl commodore
Ok were abouts is the air intake monitor