Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL limited edition info needed

VLzebub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl 5.0L sedan
I have two VL's one is a v8 berlina with a 5.0L out of a vk ( going by the engine number) that i have owned for 1 year the other i have had for 6 years it is a 6 cyl auto it originally had exec interior but i changed it to berlina it is Holden brigade red (so I am told) color coded bars has limited edition stickers on the boot and running down the side of the car under the door moulds but has no extra id plates under the bonnet i have only seen 4 others like it and want to know what the go is. any help would be appreciated, I have been told that it is a dealer pack but would like clarification.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
seen plenty.

other than some badges and stickers theres no real difrence between any other vl really

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
I have to agree with the above,
there were not to many limited edition vl's that were much different to other VL's, most were dealer packs, basically just a FEW extra options not all (e.g. A/C, P/S, tow pack, V5W suspension, colour coding, electrics, berlina/calais tacho dash, high rise console, chrome door handles, maybe mags and some stickers and badges)
the only VL's worth real money are berlina & calais turbo's and the HDT models and HSV's walkinshaw model.
but they are all worth what someone is willing to pay for them, so if you can get a buyer who belives in the "limited edition" part you maybe able to sell for a good price.

edit; in 1986/7 colour coding p/s a/c electrics chrome and mags were all options some became standard sometime in 1987.
edit2; even the hang on handles above the door on the rooflining were standard on some models and options on others, I have owned VL's with only front handles and others with four or no handles.

VLzebub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl 5.0L sedan
Not looking to sell it just wanted to make sure i wont be devaluing it by putting in an injected 5L it is my first vl but about my 10th commo and have decided it needs a birthday, so I plan to respray it and put the 5.0L in and drop a vn lsd diff in it just make it nice and tidy for cruising.