Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Opera House Special Limited Edition V8??

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
google it, i just did and got many results

Benny 308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 5 Spd
feel like sharing cos i can't find anything on them..

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
most of what you will find is forum chat much like this one.

ricks_1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Hello, I have just joined this forum after reading this thread and thought I would share some info I have on these cars as I have owned one for about 10 years now. First of all I dont think they are all that special, they are not a high spec car but they do seem to be a little rare these days. There were only 150 built and yes they came with numbered badges and key rings, I drove my car for a few months before completely stripping it to a bare, and I mean BARE shell for a complete rebuild. When pulling the carpet out I found the original build sheet from holden with every single thing that was on the car, this is probably the only true way of identifying any car as holden has no record of Pre VN cars on file, It cleary shows Limited Edition and all the options. This paper is located on the passenger side front floor exactly where your feet would be, I hope this clears things up a little...

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Lipdog81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Limited Edition Operah House 132/200
13082010198.jpgDSC03611.jpgDSC06533.jpgHi Guys..

I have owned two of these cars in my life... the first one I owned about 10 yrs ago and was the first car I ever owned and drove, build no. 33.

2 years ago I came across another one halfway around the country and flew over there to buy it and drive it back... build no. 137. They are a fantastic car! My latest one I have stripped the engine down and given a complete respray, converted to manual out of a walky, rebuilt the engine (with some minor....errr... MAJOR modifications) and is now pumping out somewhere in the vicinity of 450RWHP.. I persoannly love the look of them, black and white etc

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Benny 308

Benny 308, I don't know about Opera House Special but the info you posted and the pictures show it is a Limited Edition (probably 500 build) because I have owned one almost identical since new.
Model VL8VK19-A9Q
Body 289832A
Trim 251
Paint 1J 052D
Build May 88 FE2
Eng LV2
Trans M40
Axle GU4
Mine is a VL SL 5 Litre Trimatic Auto 4Wheel Discs with Limited Edition Decals below the side panels and came with Limited Edition plastic wheel covers also dash as you described and looks exactly like the one in brochure on this page.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I should not have said exactly the same, mine is a Qld sold car and does not have the boot badge or glove box badge.

lil308vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ss ute VC 308
I now have this opera house edition no036 looks a little different now tho

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
cheers mate.

went to the holden dealer and he put it through their system and he couldn't tell me anything apart from that it's defiantly a HSV made car. so he gave me the HSV number and he said they will be able to give me all the info i want hopefully.

will let you all know once i ring them.

The VL's are great cars, I had a few of them in the day.
I would be massively surprised if HSV had anything to do with putting these together. HSV never made VY GTS wheels in 18" either.

Timm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP opera house
Just read the thread on the vl opera house edition. I have build number one that I am looking to sell if anyone is interested. Please note this car needs a complete body rebuild. Engine works fine but I left a car cover on it for six months and rusted the **** out. Make no mistake this car is a major project