Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL turbo Diff

Thecrn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais

VK_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6
You're on the right track but you need the 28 spline axles to match

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
the diff centres are found in many other commodores, falcons, nissans etc running borgwarner diffs the diff housing and axel length may be different but the centre is certainly the same. You me find a cheaper centre out of a skyline or falcon.

I suggest buying a complete diff over building one up from scratch even if you pay to rebuild it it would usually still work out cheaper. I paid around the $450 mark for my complete VL turbo LSD, spent $500 on rebuilding it including all machining & rebuilding the LSD centre, new brake parts, painting it in black 2pac & bushes. Mine didnt really need rebuilding when we got it appart but it was a little unknown so I took the opportuninty to give it a once over.

cheers
Scott

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL
I actually have an N/A VL with a custom "VL Turbo Diff", I run the stock 25 spline axle's but it is a 4 pinion 28 spline Turbo LSD with modified side cones to suit.. Bought it from a guy on ebay, Didn't cost me an arm and a leg and saved me alot of ****ing around with changing axles..

It also help up for quite a while with the abuse i was giving it, now it open wheels but im getting a spool anyway :D Haha

Hope that helped?