Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Water Pump Replacement

PCJ

Reaction score
I have a vl witha leaking water pump, probably blown seal, as we all know these
engines are not the ones to risk this particular prob with. so i'd like to replace it.
now at first sight it would appear to be quite straight forward... but it seems that the Cam belt tensioner could be a problem.
Q. do you need to release or remove the tensioner in order to remove the water pump on these engines.
I'd rather not get caught with my pants down if i try to do this myself
any suggestions with this will be greatly appreciated
cheers
phil

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
you can do it without taking the belt tensioner off.....but if you are going to do you're water pump then you might as well do the timing belt at the same time........instead of having to take the covers off more than nesacary.....the gregories manual tells you how to do it all!!!

PCJ

Reaction score
thanks seventh,
the only reason i asked was because a manual, not gregories, suggested you couldn't do it without removing the tensioner. i'll have a go and let you know the result. (fingers crossed)
PCJ

helay39

VTV85L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec 5L Manual
i just replaced my water pump on my RB30
it is nessercory to take the tensioner off as the bolt is to long to slip out just becareful not to **** the timing up as it wont fire