Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VLsteering shaft sliding issue

petergouraros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Gees, August was only 3 months ago!! :) you don't write a comment or a post, and people think you have disappeared off the planet:):). I am not really into social media, I am actually not on anything but this forum.
The steering column collapses when the nylon sheer pin snaps, usually caused by the driver slamming into it - result of a nose to tail.
Anyway, legally they are a throw away, is my understanding. New bearings , what ever isn't going to fix it. You can replace the sheer pin, but is very dodgy.
I just got a replacement shift, $60, installed, problem fixed. It is not a hard job.
Cheers.
Thanks mate appreciate the reply. Do you mean steering shaft? Somthing like this? https://www.4blok.com.au/vb-vc-vh-vk-vl-steering-column-shaft

VLmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 333
Yeh, typo, was meant to say shaft.
100% with the part you had link for, I got the shroud surround with mine too, but that's just sitting with all the other parts. I have a couple of VL projects on the go, so never hurts to have odd parts lying round.
Good luck.