Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN 3.8 Turbo Wagon

DeViLisanAnGeL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ 5L - 12.6@108 stock bottom end & comp
Most Intercooled Supercharger kits (ie vortech) run 10psi on a 304 without any issues, so long as the tuning is up to scratch.

As i've said before, i really like this car cos I have a wagon also (VR) and i have grown to love it. So practical and reliable as ****. Plus yours has a bonus of boost. Win!

Get it tuned! :) then 35/40 ala Boosted_Wag and 19psi FTW! :p

Last edited:

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
... or, im even thinking about going for a TT setup using two of these turbos- i have a spare one kicking around at home... you know, just in case :D

May need a 3000 stall convertor to get them both spinning, but meh, who cares? Something to think about for the future.

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
forgot to mention- heads are coming off, cos i popped a gasket whilst trying to tow a ski-boat... wouldve worked, but i think under long time at high load, i leaned her out (prolly drained the stock fuel pump i think..) and she started making bang pop noises...

Pretty pictures up soon, showing a) nice chomped head gasket, and me smiling or b) cracked/fractured pistons and me doing a sad panda impression. Although, i do know that the head gasket is gone... for some reason i thought it would be okay. LOL, poor wagon...

Once the motor is back together (this weekend i'd say, if no major damage), i'll install the walbro GSS341 in tank pump, just to give a bit more safety until it gets a proper tune. Also getting the stock V6 radiator end tanks put onto a VR V8 core, which is twice the thickness, and getting the block and radiator flushed out, i think the bottom of the motor is gunked up solid (pulled the drain plugs a while back and NOTHING came out, motor was filled with coolant and thermostat removed!!!).

turbo assembly is pr1ck of a thing to remove and reassemble, but shouldnt take too long. Im gonan get the heads resurfaced and assembled again with stock gaskets, as they'll take as much boost as i can throw at them and will at least serve as a 'fuse' for my stock motor.

:D

VN_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina Wagon
Beautiful mate! :thumbsup:

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
stock tune + boost will pop the headgaskets every single time mate!

i learnt this one the hard way!

I also have blown head gaskets on stock tune, just waiting on my new tune with bigger injectors to go in :)

has it been dynoed? whats the estimated rwkw?

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
Now running a Bosch BOV just before the Throttlebody, seems to be helping to keep the intake temps down (no more air compressing in the intake piping from pressure buildup at part throttle- it now bypasses), and have taken delivery of a set of 36lb super-6 injectors.

All i need now is to get her tuned (Kalmaker most likely), but i think the auto will die really quickly if i even take her anywhere near an dyno- at half throttle it takes a few seconds to drop into third and the box just surges and churns before dropping into gear... not fun. And this is with only 5psi- we would be looking at 10psi when getting it tuned.

ASIAN_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Toyota Supra JZA80 N/a
Thats awesome. seeing more VN - VP turbo charged. Ultimate sleeper. Keep itup champ :D