Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN and VP Calais becoming rare .. Dont see them much on the road anymore ??

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Hey guys i was wondering are these two models becoming rare ?

I have always paid attention to these two cars but i have noticed recently there seem to be very few calais around VL - But also VN and VP !!!

Accidents , kept in garage , or are old people still driving them ?

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
There are a few about out this way.. I know of a old granny in ringwood that has a 1 owner vn calais v6, white over silver.. She loves it and drives it everywhere..

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Come to Canberra, plenty round these parts :) I found my ex-wife a gorgeous VPII Exec with all the factory options (more like a Calais) and a genuine 130k from an old fart for $2000. It'll be around for a while to come (touch-wood).

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
^^^ He's talking about vn-vp calais not executives. Execs are everywhere, still see plenty round. Calais on the other hand are definately disappearing in numbers. I own a vn calais so the less I see the better. Should be worth good coin one day..

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Yeah i see a few execs around usually fairly beat up also which is still a shame .. but yeah certainly the calais series ..

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yea just noticed. Funny thing is the VPII Exec I spoke of above replaced a VNI Calais (now sitting dead in the driveway) the ex's dad purchased brand new in 88, first demo in Canberra from Gerald Slaven to be precise. I can see why the VNI Calais is rare, it's a heap of crap. This thing was treated like royalty, by the book, never thrashed and had buckets of dollars pumped into it, but every-mechanical-thing you can think of on that tub is falling apart aside the body. Started shitting itself way back with only 150k on the clock. The VPII on the other hand has had a similar life and is gorgeous.

I hope yours ain't a VNI psi or I'd give you good coin to crush it right now :p

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Yea just noticed. Funny thing is the VPII Exec I spoke of above replaced a VNI Calais (now sitting dead in the driveway) the ex's dad purchased brand new in 88, first demo in Canberra from Gerald Slaven to be precise. I can see why the VNI Calais is rare, it's a heap of crap. This thing was treated like royalty, by the book, never thrashed and had buckets of dollars pumped into it, but every-mechanical-thing you can think of on that tub is falling apart aside the body. Started shitting itself way back with only 150k on the clock. The VPII on the other hand has had a similar life and is gorgeous.

I hope yours ain't a VNI psi or I'd give you good coin to crush it right now :p

Well i used to love the vn calais also ... my friends mum also had one light blue over silver and it was an amazing car untill she sold for a convertible ...

that heap of crap you speak of could actually come out to be a nice car one day .. or you could wreck it .. lol

Ive also seen a couple of vp calais treated like garbage and i shook my head in disappointment not saying you guys treated it bad )

Along side with the vl calais , i really believe this car one day will be wanted i give it 15 years from now :D

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Thats your personal experience. Doesnt mean you tarnish every model with the same brush just because you got a dud... Mine runs sweet :)

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Hey fella's, would you see the VQ Series 1 and 2 Statesman's (v8 for s1 and both v6/v8 for s2) and caprice in the same boat at the VN VP Calais in rarity?

Trying to decide what to do with mine when I've finished building one of my other cars...