Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn auto to manual

andrewcutter212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Group A Replica
Hi guys i have removed my VN series 2 auto gearbox and torq converter and flywheel and everything off. and with the picture u see below this
is what i have left... I have a VN series 2 manual gearbox etc Can you please tell me what i need to do next.. Where do i insert the spigot bush or what do i have to take off before i can put the spigot bush on and how do i go about i as i am soo confused

Please help as the VN AUTO TO MANUAL CONVERSION page has got me stumped.

THe picture below is where the flywheel bolts on... PLEASE HELP!
i have taken everything off and i am not to sure what to do now
Keep in considering i have a VN SERIES 2 that im converting to manual ... With a VN SERIES 2 MANUAL TRANSMISSIon

IMG_20111124_120609.jpg

Last edited:

VP-CLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP clubby 5.0lt 5spd
first i would clean the f..k outa what u can see in the pic lol..
bolt your manual flywheel on and tap the spigot bush in the hole in the centre ( can't remember what order I did that in but I think I put the spigoit in first) and it needs to be tapped in LIGHTLY untill it is all the way in, so u don't damage it ( mine was brass).. put a thin smear of grease on the inside of the spigoit so the input shaft on the box has some lube to get in there.. bolt the clutch plate assembly on (I used clutch aligning tool) then the gearbox etc can go in.. the conversion guide is pretty detailed on here or if ur still stumped grab a Gregory's manual and read it thoroughly would be the best step! good luck

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Do these use a spigot bush Or a bearing? I never could find the origonal bearing/bush when I put mine together so i measured it up and purchased a new bearing from repco (apparently a really common one on jap cars) and stuck it in with a bit of loctite bearing retainer.

Repco didnt have a listing for a spigot bearing for a VP v6 commodore

VP-CLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP clubby 5.0lt 5spd
I remember being told somethin bout a bearing being standard but they only make the bush now.. can't remember exactly but either way works..

andrewcutter212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Group A Replica
nah its aiight mate am getting it all sorted right now. I have had some engine work done to this engine soo yes its all good.. THanks soo much anyways dcthebomb101

micky vn man

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 calias
manual motor?? aernt all series 2 buicks 8 bolt crankshafts? beacause im also about to do a conversion

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
Yes series 2 onwards ar 8 bolt flywheels. What else do you want to know. I'm converting my VS to manual at the moment. Thinking of doing a clear write up after as there is a wiring change to make to the loom at the computer plug that allows a correct change to manual computer instead of cut and shut and oops it stalls at lights!!!