Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Berlina

F

foammedia

I'd see if I could get a bosch one first but if you can't for a good price that one should do the job.

As for the rest of the motor, that depends on how fast you want to go

dezrik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5.0L Berlina S2 Slushbox
Aiming for between 250 - 400 hp at the rear wheels. Want to avoid having to stroke or supercharge it.

Will do pretty much anything else to it though... (within reason though, no $5000 kits! :) )

What am I looking at?

Stock Berlina 5.0 was about 165kw at the engine right? Which is about 165 hp at the wheels...

So far it's got the pacemaker extractors and custom exhaust as mentioned above with it (haven't looked too much into the specifics of what they are yet.)

So I am considering the following basic things on top of that:

SS cai
Memcal? I have to work out exactly what this is vs. chip/computer/ecu etc. The computer side of cars is all new to me (although I have a postgraduate masters in IT! So it shouldn't be too hard to work out. Hopefully. :S)
Service, good spark plugs, open throttle body, all the basic 'freebie' stuff

So I don't know how many horses I'd be looking at with all that, but I'm wondering where to go from there to get it to the 250hp + range, working in a logical order.

Ideas?

Last edited: