Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN BT1 existing power windows and mirrors wiring harness

Mantis86

Mantis86
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1
hello. sorry if this has already been covered but i am a newbie to this forum.
I recently bought a VN BT1. I was wanting to fit power windows and mirrors to it but dont know if there is an existing wiring harness for these or where they an option?
The rear door trims have the cut out for the power window switches but nothing in the front.
I cant seem to find any plugs but then again, have not removed the kick panels completely out.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The main power window and mirror wiring harness is a separate harness from the main harness on vns and vps. Some cars have the actual front door harness already inside the door so all you have to do is install the main harness and plug them up to get the fronts working...rears usually need a new door harness .

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
when i do a conversion i use the whole body loom from a vn calais. it runs right back to the tail lights and petrol tank. so youd need the body loom (with switches), door looms, and door window motors. not only that but youll have to plug up the round holes left in the door trims from the manual regulators...

cant remember if the mirrors are on the same harness or not. but the power door loom will have the plugin...

Mantis86

Mantis86
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1
thank you for your help. do i get the wiring harness from holden or would i have to get it from a wreckers?

Mantis86

Mantis86
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1
where are the exsisting plugs on the main harness located?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
id hit the wreckers. theres 3 plugs that separate the dash and body looms, make sure you get the body control module as well. it runs the windows and what not (grey plastic box resting on the sill). this body loom runs to the petrol tank and tail lights, i think its easier just to change it in one piece....

IMG_3376.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
make sure the car is vn calais, pretty sure the vp calais had an extra box for the keyless entry, where the vn one is just the body control module for the windows and stuff. im not 100% sure if the keyless entry bit for the vp is wired into the dash loom or body loom... just easier to get a vn one...