Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais 5.0 Efi to Carb!?

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
when my mate recovers from his heart transplant he is going carby on his 304. but that is only for a drag car.. his car has an engine fire so a lot was burned under the bonnet. so that is one reason he is going carby..
as for what someone said about getting a 308. why would ya when ya can get a carby manifold for $700.
as for the carby and injection arguement i reckon each to there own. i know i like the reliablity of injection. but carbies can be good if setup right..

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
i saw this on my way out of the nats its pretty phat... i got some close up pics of it i might chuck up later on :)

blownCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0
Hey could you email me some of the pics that would be awesome if you could as i dont have any apart from this one! thanks mate!
[email protected]

blownCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0
Defa<

As for your mates car and the $700 to convert, let your mate know if he needs any tips to let me know and i will help him with any problems he may have, as for the $700 if he goes a dual plane manifold ie, a small one this may be possible (maybe) However there is alot of little things that have to be changed, ie, thermostat housing, temp sender, fuel pressure reg, fittings and so forth it all adds up, my car runs the harrop highrise manifold and these are going for around the 8>9 hundred mark, plus the carby and all the above mentioned it was quite costly in the end!:ranting:

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
a carby will make the same power as a injected motor, the reason you dont want a 308 is because the block is weaker and the heads are nothing compared to a vn. i am thinking about carby myself because they make the same power and can be had for a lot less then injection because:
injector bosses dont need to be drilled
throttle bodies are not cheap as a carbie
custom tune will cost a heap as well
i would rather have injection tho because they run a heap better and better on fuel and last longer(all cars since injection last 300,000k easy befor that it was like 150,000) but a carby will have almost the same power(maybe 2-3% less)

you can get a high rise from tourke power or harrop.

METHod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 5.0L
Efi to carb

jut wondering how you got around the wiring side of efi to carb conversion i have a vp ute 5ltr 5spd done full conversion but im stuck i have no spark
ive put a vh dizzy in but still not getting spark help?