Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn elect window switches

ssilent11

Reaction score
Firstly, Merry Xmas to you all.
Hope someone can help. My VN calais elect windows stopped working.All the windows wont respond when i press the buttons between the seats. Ive noticed that the indication lights on the buttons do not come on any more when you start the car. The problem use to be intermittent, everytime you went over a bump the switches would light up and the window buttons would work.
Any help would be much appreciated, as the drivers window was left down about 20mm before they stopped, letting rain and possible thefts in.
Kindest Regards
ssilent11

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
itcould be as simple as the electrical connector under the centre console came loose and just needs to be clipped back together

guss

Reaction score
Website
users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
VN Calais
them switches are dear as, I just replaced my drivers side one and its worth like $180RRP and about $130 Trade, however if your tricky enough you can actually pull the switch out and open the back cover off it and scratch up the terminals on it, or get some conact spray from dicksmith, otherwise you wanna hope its just a lose connection, good luck :)