Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Engine Diagram?

C

cliff_canon

hey vn.. when you say throtle body do you mean the whole thing that has the acceleration cables going through it?
have you ever done the head gasket yourself?

V

Veneficus

cliff i have just done the head gaskets ( both sides) and cleaned up a few things .. also added a new intake maniflod gasket set.

i cant find the dam thermostat .. i need to replace it before i fire it up

stockVN

Bundy.... Ur a genious!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN executive drift machine
have a quick look under the throttle body and see if its there. just follow the stainless steel pipe from the radiator and round to the back. you should be able to see it there. Im just about to go do mine now and thats where mine is!!!

V

Veneficus

one problem, the pipe isnt on the engine at the moment .. any chance you could take a pic witha digital camera for me and send it to me? the thermostat was what caused the chain reaction of problems, resulting in me pulling the thing apart to do the head gaskets. it is almost back together but i want to get the thermostat in beofore i finish it

stockVN

Bundy.... Ur a genious!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN executive drift machine
Ill see what I can do for you. Have to get my mate to come around so it could take a while. Ill get onto it pretty much straight away but how long you going to be on for.... or how long do you have the car off the road for???

V

Veneficus

its been off for a week, ill be online for a while. i dont think it will be back on the road till late tomorow due to me snaping a dam bolt whilst it was on thread, so i have to pull it out tomorow before i finish hooking everything back up

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Just look under your throttle body it is there give me 5 minutes and i'll see if i can get you a photo

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
heres the pictures it is really hard to get to but the bolt you will see near the blue paint is the thermo housing it is right under the throttle body hope this gets you out of trouble

Attachments

• P1010096.JPG
    P1010096.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,318
  • P1010095.JPG
    P1010095.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,112

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
series 1 series 2 have the thermostat at the front of the motor near the power steering pump on the housing itself the series 2 has a bleed screw if it is a series2 just follow the radiator hose it will lead you to the thermostat housing series 1 the steel pipe runs along the motor to the rear of the inlet manifold i have a spare inlet manifold i will take a picture of it for you the hole is were the thermostat goes back in 5 minutes