Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Engine Diagram?

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
hope these pictures clear it up for you

Attachments

• P1010097.JPG
    P1010097.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 507
  • P1010096.JPG
    P1010096.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 581
  • P1010095.JPG
    P1010095.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 485

stockVN

Bundy.... Ur a genious!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN executive drift machine
I just finished now.... it was a total and utter F*#K to do as I dont really have all the tools I wanted. I took photos but I cant get them onto the computer yet. Will have probably by tonight some time.

Before you start get a sheet of wet and dry sandpaper, a O ring rubber gasket, a gasket kit or throttle body gasket ( whatever is available) and a new spring loaded ( has the spring through it) hose from the thermostat housing to the stainless steel pipe. I suggest REPCO for these because super cheap are useless!!!!

The thermostat is right underneath the throttlebody and to get a good hit at it the throttle body has to come off. All the nuts are 13mm or 1/2 and there are 3 of them. two up top and one around the back. Its underneath the vaccumn hose that runs from the brake booster and is a real bitch because the gearbox dipstick gets in your way if you use big spanners. Its also best to take out the air induction pipe completely.

You may have to disconnect the fuel line going to fuel rail on your right ( facing the engine) as the throttle body got caught on it when I was removing it. Take the hose off the thermostat housing before you try take the throttle body off too. Once you have that off take the throtle body off and you will see the thermostat housing. There is only one bolt holding that on and thats 13mm as well. Get a flathead screwdriver to lever the housing off because the rubber gasket wont come out without a fight. Change the thermostat and go from there. Just give the edges a very light sand where the gasket goes after that!!!

Dont mean to explain everything like its for a kid but its the way I always explain things.

V

Veneficus

Nooooo! i just put the dam inlet manifold back on and tourqued everything back on.. DAM! ill check tomorow and make sure mine is in the same place ,,, how did i miss that!

V

Veneficus

well ive done all my work now. head gaskets, inlet gasket, thermostat .. put it all back together and ... nothing no power ... i must have missed somthing, so its back to the drawing board. :b: