Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn gts

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Yeah, I'm assuming you remember how much of a success the Mondeo was when they first tried selling it here about 10 years ago *laughs* I guess they may have more luck these days though, considering that the new Mondeo's a much better car, despite the fact that I see more FGs getting about than I do Mondeos, despite the fact that the Mondeo has been on the market for longer than the FG.

The only thing I remember about the Mondeo was that Greg Hasford was kill in one. (or the series that he raced in)

Small/mid size car racing in Australia as the premier form of racing = FAIL.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Yeah, I'm assuming you remember how much of a success the Mondeo was when they first tried selling it here about 10 years ago *laughs* I guess they may have more luck these days though, considering that the new Mondeo's a much better car, despite the fact that I see more FGs getting about than I do Mondeos, despite the fact that the Mondeo has been on the market for longer than the FG.

The reason you see more Falcons than Mondeo's is because of the drive wheels ;) This is Australia, we love RWDs. Americans can't handle RWDs, so they opt for FWD or AWD.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The reason you see more Falcons than Mondeo's is because of the drive wheels ;) This is Australia, we love RWDs. Americans can't handle RWDs, so they opt for FWD or AWD.

Except for the RWD Monaro's we sent over the the US of A

And the new G8's

Not only is the steering wheel on the wrong side the drive wheels are at the wrong end:p
They probably climb in the boot. (if they could fit:rofl::rofl:)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Except for the RWD Monaro's we sent over the the US of A

And the new G8's

Not only is the steering wheel on the wrong side the drive wheels are at the wrong end:p
They probably climb in the boot. (if they could fit:rofl::rofl:)

Going by the videos i've seen, my comment was accurate. Powerslide across 3 lanes and clips another car. What a poor GTO.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon And VX SS
this is a massive thread dig but i thought i would add my bit, My first Commodore was a 1990 VN GTS and i can tell you all they were not hsv didn't have the sv3800 chip,the interior was the same as the ss infact the whole car was the same as an ss Except the engine was a v6 heres a pic if you would like to see more let me know
vx2acclaim
[/URL][/IMG]

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
this is a massive thread dig but i thought i would add my bit, My first Commodore was a 1990 VN GTS and i can tell you all they were not hsv didn't have the sv3800 chip,the interior was the same as the ss infact the whole car was the same as an ss Except the engine was a v6 heres a pic if you would like to see more let me know
vx2acclaim
[/URL][/IMG]

Was this an Australian purchase? I thought the GTS only went to NZ.

And yep would love to see more on this car :)

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Taken from my VN GTS pamphlet:

510 built in two colours: "Vivid White and GTS Blue metallic" (Looking at the pictures: Alpine White and Imperial Blue)
Electric windows, central locking, electric antenna, "4 speaker AM/FM radio-cassette sound system" (whatever the hell that is...:smoking:)

Pamphlet also dated 'March 1990'

I would love to see a PBS from one of these, let alone the model number: ei: VN8VK19-XXX :w00t:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Taken from my VN GTS pamphlet:

510 built in two colours: "Vivid White and GTS Blue metallic" (Looking at the pictures: Alpine White and Imperial Blue)
Electric windows, central locking, electric antenna, "4 speaker AM/FM radio-cassette sound system" (whatever the hell that is...:smoking:)

Pamphlet also dated 'March 1990'

I would love to see a PBS from one of these, let alone the model number: ei: VN8VK19-XXX :w00t:

You have a VN GTS pamphlet - and did not tell me :(

A scan is required I think :)