Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn gts

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The super6 VT SS has some creds:)

PS the Holden sticker arrived today - Thanks my freind.:thumbsup:

What a coincidence, my VP SS sticker kit arrived today, so i also have the sticker haha

I take it its what you wanted then?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
What a coincidence, my VP SS sticker kit arrived today, so i also have the sticker haha

I take it its what you wanted then?

It will do the job nicely:D

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Just to open another can of worms, im sure you guys have heard of it before the VR/VS i think with the straight 6 2.6 dual ram engine in it? I think its an opel something, a few of them in NZ too.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to open another can of worms, im sure you guys have heard of it before the VR/VS i think with the straight 6 2.6 dual ram engine in it? I think its an opel something, a few of them in NZ too.

There was 250 front wheel drive VR's sent to Indoneasia at some point.

Dont know what engine - but may well have had a straight six in em.:thumbsup:

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
vn gts model has fe2 suspension, 5 spoke 15 inch alloys color coded to body, calias steering wheel, gts trim, boot spoiler an SS side/rear skirts and front skirt, standerd grill and they only came in dark blue or white

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn gts model has fe2 suspension, 5 spoke 15 inch alloys color coded to body, calias steering wheel, gts trim, boot spoiler an SS side/rear skirts and front skirt, standerd grill and they only came in dark blue or white

Do you know if they had and HSV goodies?

The GTS trim? Did it have any special seats?

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
Do you know if they had and HSV goodies?

The GTS trim? Did it have any special seats?

im pretty sure they just have standerd interior but with differant material and i dont thik they had hsv badges. vn ls did though, either is a good car to start with cause the fe2 suspention standerd. vn ls model is pretty rear ( i think it was only made for 2 months) the ls is the same specs as gts with differant whees and had a memcal change and exhaust. also differant grill an hsv badges

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
There was 250 front wheel drive VR's sent to Indoneasia at some point.

Dont know what engine - but may well have had a straight six in em.:thumbsup:

What the hell???

Why the hell would they make a front wheel drive VR? Wouldn't the RWD version do for Indonesia? They have RWD Hiluxes there...lol. :p

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
What the hell???

Why the hell would they make a front wheel drive VR? Wouldn't the RWD version do for Indonesia? They have RWD Hiluxes there...lol. :p

Some one at Holdens got out of bed the wrong way and look what they did tut tut.

No I suspect it was a bit of a market test to see what the Commodore would go like as a front wheel drive car. FAIL!

Total market rejection in my book - as it will be today if they try it again.

I think Ford may be the first to fall for this front wheel drive mid size car. And die in the market place. Big country Australia and we like big cars - just build em with smaller engines - we dont need to travel at 200kph.

Trouble is we are not small people and most of us dont fit into a mid sized car. Anyone over 6' in the old scale has trouble fitting into a "shoe box".

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Yeah, I'm assuming you remember how much of a success the Mondeo was when they first tried selling it here about 10 years ago *laughs* I guess they may have more luck these days though, considering that the new Mondeo's a much better car, despite the fact that I see more FGs getting about than I do Mondeos, despite the fact that the Mondeo has been on the market for longer than the FG.