Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Well, she starts and runs! that's a good thing! - aside from tuning, I have two issues to fix:

- Drivebelt carnage. belt slip, and a misalignment somewhere. - I kind of expected it but wanted to see for sure. I'll need to find some fat idler pulleys with small diamater. The misalignment looks to be in the supercharger pulley - I either mismeasured or it got caught on a notch or something when going on.. or the supercharger sits further back on the manifold once all bolted on properly? I dunno. No biggie - a spacer behind the pulley should do the trick there! Will need to get some idler pulley holdery things turned up on a lathe, too.

- Mystery big water leak - no idea wtf it's coming from - where it's dripping there's nothing with water :D - will be an interesting one to find!

On the plus side, things that went good include:
- no bolts left in the intake manifold :)
- vacuum pump on the back of the alternator works like a BOSSS - awesome pedal feel (which will be consistent no matter how hard the right foot is working the boost!)
- the ECU ROCKS so far!!!
- Nil audiable exhaust leaks & very happy with the exhaust note. Sounds manly enough, and will be keen to see what it reads on the db meter.. it's going to be CLOSE if not over..
- nothing seems to fowl or hit on the body (at idle at least) - in terms of exhaust/engine clearences etc

Will be fun working out the tuning going from EFI to carby-style LPG - luckily the ECU allows for all kinds of magic with primers etc - so should be able to get it starting etc nicely. Just a matter of getting used to it I guess!

Seems the list of things to do is just never ending (and/or just gets bingger!) - but today, I'd say a pretty big milestone was reached!

so next up is sorting out the two above issues - along with power steer hoses and reservoir etc while I'm at it. If I'm lucky and don't get too busy, it might make it on the street in time for summer yet!

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
WOW, just wow!! I take my hat off to you Sir, Great to see such a marsterpiece souly built by the one man that owns the car himself. I wish I could have that claim to fame, unfortunately I just get shops to do all my sh*t :(

Looking forward to see this thing up n going on video..

Keep em comimg!!

Cheers
Johnny

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Holy hot **** balls goddamn frigging awesome news.

0dafb591bbe33213d43831eeb7fe33cb.jpg