Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
tumblr_m8gfmfKJj81rcvte5o1_400.png

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Awesome, just ####ing awesome

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
man this is different... i havent read your entire thread so excuse me when i ask but who will be doing all your mechanical work if something fks up haha because there seems to be water lines running here there and everywhere haha not to mention all the other custom stuff... someones going to open the bonnent and go da ### is this ? Could imagine this to be a nightmare to work on haha

To throw a figure out there what are you hoping for power/torque wise ?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
man this is different... i havent read your entire thread so excuse me when i ask but who will be doing all your mechanical work if something fks up haha because there seems to be water lines running here there and everywhere haha not to mention all the other custom stuff... someones going to open the bonnent and go da ### is this ? Could imagine this to be a nightmare to work on haha

Maybe you should read the thread. He designed and built this...

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Forget i asked then Boss

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute

Yeah I plan on doing any future work myself.... it's definitely not the kind of car to have if you need to send it off to a mechanic if something plays up :)

It's a total bitch to work on anything when the engine is in the bay - just because everything is so crammed together and hidden away! - On the up side, I've made it so that the engine can be removed very easily - V-band on the exhaust, speed-flow style fittings on most hoses that connect to the engine, etc. So removing the engine is only a 1-2 hour operation from start to finish. - sure, it adds a bit of time, but I'm hoping that it'll be pretty smooth sailing after sorting out any initial issues.

Meanwhile - late night again last night, I got:
- gearbox in
- tailshaft in
- exhaust in
- starter motor in (and wired up - cranked it, but I must have stuffed up the wiring for the solenoid, with the remote start solenoid and all) - needa fix that.
- heater hoses & vac lines done
- remote mount oil filter lines done
- bunch of other little things.

yay - getting CLOSE!

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
A little bit of wiring for the starter should be an easy fix ! Is it running by now ?

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
A little bit of wiring for the starter should be an easy fix ! Is it running by now ?

it's certainly cranking!

gotta re-fab the gas vapour feed for the GRA throttle coz the wheel arch gets in the way of the current one.
Might make up a stainless bottom rad hose to neaten that area up a little while I got the TIG out.

still gotta fill up the fluids, bleed the brakes, clutch, etc.. do a massive check of all nuts & bolts.. then I'll put some lpg in it, and start tinkering with the ECU to get it to run - set base timing, work out the MAP sensor scaling and do ignition maps and all that fun stuff. I've already tested for RPM signal and that's all sweet. Haven't tested ignition or lpg yet

For future reference - I've jetted the GRA throttle with a 2.2mm idle jet, 2.4mm progression jet and a #58 metering rod, based on research around the net.

From memory there's a 24psi spring still in the wastegate from last time it was running. Bit of a pussy thing to do, I guess I best drop that a bit lower to start with :(